• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5/8x24 threads for 22

Matno

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2012
Just picked up a Tikka Super Varmint (great gun!) in.223, and I see that it's threaded for 5/8x24 muzzle devices. That's great in theory, but the practical reality is that I'd prefer a muzzle brake with a 22 cal bore. The kicker is that I also want it to be a KeyMo brake for my suppressor. Anybody know of a brake that checks those boxes? I have one that's 30 cal, so it's not the end of the world if I can't find one, but it would be nice to have a slightly tighter fit for brake effectiveness.

I assume there is a liability issue. I've seen custom brakes that give you the option, but not suppressor mount ones.

glad i found this thread thats awesome they did that on a factory rifle. I might pick one of those up, i just need to check if they are wylde out of teh box and then it be perfect!

100% agree.

I recommend upsizing your brake on a heavily used (and abused) rifle. I have lost track of how many shooters started having accuracy issues from carbon crusted brakes. Especially used brakes that went on multiple barrel jobs.

Now if I can just get those same shooters to clean the carbon off their crowns.......haha.

Ern