• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

$5 brass tumbler...

jayd4wg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
Steel City
boredom kicked in last nite...i should have been putting tile in the new shower renovation but had NO desire to mix thinset and cut porcelain again...so i repurposed an ice cream maker.

the ice cream maker was bought from the local thrift store...was marked at 5 bucks, talked them down to 4. various pieces of hardware from around the house (a 1/2" thick polished nylon 4" ring to use as a gasket, a few screws and some abs plastic to engage the output gear and a little epoxy), and a folgers coffee can.

the one pic shows exposed screws in the bottom which MIGHT be detrimental have since been covered with small gobs of silicone caulk and allowed to dry. hooked into a timer circuit and i hang it on a hook on the end of my desk/reloading bench that allows the "tumbler" to run at about a 30 degree angle...works well. will have some before and after pics of the brass after i get some before's...probably this weekend. Hoping to head out and run thru the OCW test i have loaded up.

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

Re: $5 brass tumbler...

Nice, I have that same ice cream maker, used once. I may have to follow in your footsteps. Pics of results plz!

You watched a lot of Magyver back in the day huh? Pretty cool!

i watched ALOT of MacGyver
smile.gif
AND i'm cheap (poor) so invention suits my needs where charity fails sometimes
smile.gif
I owe alot to some folks on this board who have come thru with some well loved but functional gear...i've augmented where needed and have achieved good results and taught my oldest the "art" of reloading as I know it... He's getting pretty good at making due with what he has too. right now he's badgering me about making a figure 4 box trap for the raccoon under our deck...I've got other plans for that one though
smile.gif