• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5 Round AR mags

usmcsniperone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
upstate ny..boonies
Here in Commie NY The dipsticks have limited the round capacity for hunting to six rounds. Five in the mag and one in the chamber. My Bushy Predator rifle only came with one mag and I am looking for a couple spares for coyote hunting.

The question is who makes the best five rounder? And does anyone have any they would like to sell?

I see Midway has some Stoner brand on clearance for $9.99. That sounds cheap to me and that means China cheap.

Re: 5 Round AR mags

MidwestPX, a site sponsor here, offers limited capacity, permanently modified (NY Law) AR mags. Great people who have been doing the Magpul "cut-down" and blocked limited capacity mags for a while now. Their 5rnd "stubby" mags are one excellent option.

See here:

Stubby Limited Cap PMAGs - http://midwestpx.com/index.php?cPath=15_69

I believe C-Products has 5 round mags for all the AR calibers. I use their .308 in mine they function great are Stainless steel and are made in the USA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MidwestPX, a site sponsor here, offers limited capacity, permanently modified (NY Law) AR mags. Great people who have been doing the Magpul "cut-down" and blocked limited capacity mags for a while now. Their 5rnd "stubby" mags are one excellent option.

See here:

Stubby Limited Cap PMAGs - http://midwestpx.com/index.php?cPath=15_69</div></div>

These are just what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Midwestpx is great. Just picked up a 5 rnd mag a few weeks back for deer hunting. Great product even better service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MidwestPX, a site sponsor here, offers limited capacity, permanently modified (NY Law) AR mags. Great people who have been doing the Magpul "cut-down" and blocked limited capacity mags for a while now. Their 5rnd "stubby" mags are one excellent option.

See here:

Stubby Limited Cap PMAGs - http://midwestpx.com/index.php?cPath=15_69</div></div>

This is my vote too. MWPX is great.

This is great information for me. I do a LOT of bench shooting, and I find that the 10 round mag length is perfect. The 20 round PMags are still a wee bit long for me. I'm gonna order a few of the cut down ones... thanks mate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe C-Products has 5 round mags for all the AR calibers. I use their .308 in mine they function great are Stainless steel and are made in the USA. </div></div>

The c-products ones work real good, you can buy them direct or check out 44mag.com they have a lot of deals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcsniperone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here in Commie NY The dipsticks have limited...... </div></div>

Yeah, the only real answer to your question is to move the hell outta there.

But if you insist on staying there, think pre-ban gear......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MidwestPX, a site sponsor here, offers limited capacity, permanently modified (NY Law) AR mags. Great people who have been doing the Magpul "cut-down" and blocked limited capacity mags for a while now. Their 5rnd "stubby" mags are one excellent option.

See here:

This is my vote too. MWPX is great.</div></div>
Big +1 on this. Ty is a great guy to deal with. Would buy from him in a heartbeat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe C-Products has 5 round mags for all the AR calibers. I use their .308 in mine they function great are Stainless steel and are made in the USA. </div></div>

I have C-Products 5 rounders and Magpul 20's that I use with my POF 6.5 Creeedmoor-more often than not I'm running the 5 rounders, just a handier package.