• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5 Round Magazines

Richard Clark

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Lewiston, ID USA
-NOT SURE WHERE TO PUT THIS, THREAD RULES SAID POST HERE IF I WAS CONFUSED-

So I want to go shoot some squirrels with my AR15, but I only have 20 and 30 round magazines. Now the guy's property where I go shoot the lil' bastards says he doesn't mind if I use the big magazines, but I was wondering if it was legal to shoot them with a 30mag.

Question 2: If it is illegal to shoot squirrels with a 30mag, can I only load 5 rounds into a magazine to make it legal?

---

The only shooting of squirrels to this point I have been doing is with a .22lr 5shot magazine, so I KNOW I haven't broken any laws. I just want to check with people who reside in states with a 5-shot law.

Re: 5 Round Magazines

No idea about your state but you might try the hunting forum just above this one on the main forum list.

The regulations for Idaho Small Game hunting should be able to answer this.

Probably available on the state's website under DOW or whatever Idaho calls their division for hunting/wildlife.

There's a sponsor on here that sells 5 round Pmags that work great, I use them because my state has the 5rd rule. Using 30rd ones and just putting 5 in doesn't fly, that's like bird hunting without a plug and just loading 3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a sponsor on here that sells 5 round Pmags that work great, I use them because my state has the 5rd rule. Using 30rd ones and just putting 5 in doesn't fly, that's like bird hunting without a plug and just loading 3.</div></div>

That'd be me
grin.gif

Well money is tight at the moment, but there are so many squirrels up here that a 5rnd mag is just a hassle. I don't really use my AR for shooting deer, I got my r700 for that.

MidwestPX I will save your profile so I can purchase 5rnd mags in the future. I would like to keep my business going to SH members
smile.gif

MidwestPX is great to deal with! He ships fast and the products are great! The LMT BCG I ordered is running smooth as ever and I will be ordering more items in the future!