• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50,000 year old handgun grips

Re: 50,000 year old handgun grips

Stain/not? Sealant? Finish? I'm wondering how the wood will react to skin oils.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stain/not? Sealant? Finish? I'm wondering how the wood will react to skin oils. </div></div>

I won't stay but I will clear coat or polyeurathne them...if they'll sell me small pieces..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to make a set of 1911 grips from this wood, certified as 50,000 years old - saw this on the history channel and put an order in!

Whew that's gonna be spendy but gorgeous..

http://www.ancientwood.com/

</div></div>

You see, even the aincient people knew the value af fine art. They invested in the future of their ancestors
whistle.gif
. Mabey you can get C'he to personally sign one.

I think one of these packs could go a long way towards grips and other projects.

Awesome grain patterns.

Before you guys go and spend a fortune on that stuff Ive got some antique air dried Brazillian Rosewood thats a lot cheaper.

How do you certify a 50,000 year old tree? Was there a "Jesus was here" scribed in the side?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you certify a 50,000 year old tree? Was there a "Jesus was here" scribed in the side? </div></div>

No that was about 48,000 years before jesus came into being.

Carbon dating however says the trees are about 50,000 years old.

Buried in a bog, protected from oxygen and parasites...