• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 BMG and a unique use for a shot out barrel

kopcicle

Obfuscation Engineer
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Covington Wa
I don't have a way to make a long story short this time.

TLDR warning. I'm attempting to make this spindle from something other than 12L14 leaded steel.

I don't have access to 50 BMG barrel drawings atm. (I have them somewhere or could find them again).
Max ID is .578" and Min ID is .531" so the example I'm looking for can be well and truly shot out.
If anyone wants to take the time to look the drawing over and see if there is enough material in the breach end to make this spindle, do please have at it !

That's not what I'm asking though.

Where, is a good place to acquire a shot out 50 BMG Barrel?

Moderator, this is not an attempt to circumvent forum rules. I don't even know if it will work yet. I'm just hoping there is a gunplumber here that can first answer the question "will it work?" then deal with the PX requirement.
I have enough lathe to make the part (not this little 6" toy) but drilling/boring that half inch hole would suck.
So, anyone?
701-088 Spindle, Headstock (1).jpg