• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 BMG loading- 750 GRN AMAX OAL ??

Re: 50 BMG loading- 750 GRN AMAX OAL ??

I am running the A Max at appx 2675fps with 230 grs of H50BMG with a 5.700" OAL. The book max for it is 233.0grs from Hodgdon.

Hint....buy alot of powder, preferably from the same lot.

I am running 225 of H50BMG seems to group better out of my Windrunner. I have a .50DTC so can't help you on OAL. What rifle are you using? That makes a difference

Hodgen shows 233 grains of H50BMG with an MV of 2800. I am not sure what rifle you are using elgordo2 but that is seatin' em out pretty far. Hodgen shows OAL's of 5.450 and all the data I have shows AMax at 5.4 to 5.545 OAL's. DUH give the trim length and oal gauge to figure it out.
http://www.hevanet.com/temple/MatchPrep.html

You need to match the OAL to your rifle chamber and box mag. Not sure what reamer they use in the Tac 50. I'd load one long then keep seating it back until the bolt closes then go another 20 thou and see if they will feed out of the mag.

These were loaded to just fit in the mag with very very little to spare.

With this std bipod setup and little experience shooting the 50 it shot 4 in an inch at 100 M. I thought the group looked fairly average through the scope until I measured the holes center to center.

I think with a bipod change she would be far easier to shoot.

Trigger,

Thanks for your insight. My friends are importing the Mcmillan rifles into Aus and I have been told that the guys in AZ have been contemplating a over the barrel bipod concept for a while. You design clearly has some major benefits. Just got to get lower to the ground !

DUH

Wow, it shots 4 MOA at 100 meters (give and take the metric system) for 750 AMAX? Is that the best groupings among your loads? Please don't take it the wrong way, the AMAXes should be able to do better than that?

In my Barrett 99, it definitely holds slightly under 1 MOA at 100 yards.

If I recall correctly, the TAC-50s from McMillan are built with a match chamber - so be a little careful with that.

He said 4 in an inch that means 4 shots at 1 MOA that is good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, it shots 4 MOA at 100 meters (give and take the metric system) for 750 AMAX? Is that the best groupings among your loads? Please don't take it the wrong way, the AMAXes should be able to do better than that?

In my Barrett 99, it definitely holds slightly under 1 MOA at 100 yards.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said 4 in an inch that means 4 shots at 1 MOA that is good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, it shots 4 MOA at 100 meters (give and take the metric system) for 750 AMAX? Is that the best groupings among your loads? Please don't take it the wrong way, the AMAXes should be able to do better than that?

In my Barrett 99, it definitely holds slightly under 1 MOA at 100 yards.</div></div> </div></div>

Sorry my bad. Definitely needs to get my glasses up graded. Getting old is definitely hell for sure. I definitely expect that with the TAC 50. Thanks for pointing that out.

In my Barrett 99, it definitely holds slightly under 1 MOA at 100 yards. </div></div>

You have misread what I have said. It grouped 4 shots inside 1 inch at 100M or (109 yards)

Cheers

DUH