• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 BMG Primers

338RUM runner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
S.E. Idaho
Anyone have any help or info on the CCI #35 flat head primers blue box V the CCI #35 Arsenal curved head primers white box. Any one better than the other. I'm shooting a Barret 99 at steel or rocks or whatever gets in the way. Thanks for your info.

Re: 50 BMG Primers

Much prefer the Blue Box flat head CCI 35's over the CCI Arsenal primers. Would definitely go with the Blue Box if they were still available. Talked to a tech at CCI and was told to use the flat punch and slightly flatten the head of the domed Arsenal primer when seating. Load data for each is the same. Had issues seating the Arsenal primer flush or below and primer pocket depth uniforming is definitely needed with the Arsenal primers and I still ran into a few that wouldn't seat flush or below. Don't believe the Arsenal primers are as consistent in cup height, may be wrong. I uniform pockets to .220" and have had no firing issues with the Arsenal primers in my M99.

Re: 50 BMG Primers

I haven't seen the blue box in years, I didn't think they made them anymore.