• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 bmg

No, but there's an indoor range in Maryland that advertises they allow 50 bmg at their 25 yard indoor range.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should....

You can shoot 50 at K&M, but only goes to 1200. Like said above, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. You'll get a lot of looks from the 6dasher bois.

Where in TN? There are some ranges in western VA that might work for you but TN is a pretty long state...
-Alex

Just outside of Nashville. I have a 100 yard range on my property .
I kinda remember there being a range near bowling green but we've never run an FCSA match in the area as far as I recall. Elr ranges are kinda hard to come by. Closest I know of is in Lebanon VA but that is a pretty solid drive. I'll ask around though. Got to be something out that way.

-Alex

1000 yards is good enough for now. Stupid question, what are 6dasher bois?
Just saying Km is very much the prs crowd shooting small calibers, suppressed. The novelty of a braked big bore wears off for those around you fairly quickly. Go on a weekday though and you are likely to have the place all to yourself.

Dead Zero Range has a 50 they rent out and shoot on the 1000 Yard range. I would imagine they allow one to bring one's own 50 BMG. You might call and ask first. It's an impressive 1000 yard range if you have not been there before.

^^Dead Zero in Spencer, TN has a Barrett M107 for rent also so they're .50BMG friendly.

Strategic Edge also allows .50 BMG but they are a membership group and they require "training" - see https://www.strategicedge.us/home. The three other 1000 yd and beyond ranges in TN were already mentioned above. Nearby states - see https://www.elr-resources.com/page8.html (scroll down to "by state").
That is a fantastic list. Well done putting that together.

One correction for you. Black Bear Shooting Club allows 50BMG at all times on targets past 600 yards. Not sure if Moccasin Valley Precision is an open range or not but I'll ask.

-Alex

That is a fantastic list. Well done putting that together.

One correction for you. Black Bear Shooting Club allows 50BMG at all times on targets past 600 yards. Not sure if Moccasin Valley Precision is an open range or not but I'll ask.

-Alex
Hi, Alex:

Thanks for the tips. I just updated the site re Black Bear. I also added Moccasin Valley Precision (including 50 BMG use) based on what I read on their FB page. BTW, the ranges I list do not need to be an "open" range in the context of open to the public. I also consider ranges open to competitions as fair game. Thanks again.

Oscar

Hi, Alex:

Thanks for the tips. I just updated the site re Black Bear. I also added Moccasin Valley Precision (including 50 BMG use) based on what I read on their FB page. BTW, the ranges I list do not need to be an "open" range in the context of open to the public. I also consider ranges open to competitions as fair game. Thanks again.

Oscar
East coast rifle ranges are essentially always clubs. Pistol ranges are pay for play but for anything past 100 yards you are looking at a membership. Granted that might be all of $50 a year but with a waitlist years long. There is zero BLM land east of Texas so true public ranges are non-extant.

-Alex