• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

50 BMG

swordfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2009
Daphne , AL
I know most of you guys reload 50bmg but is it worth it with ammo on the net. for $2.50 to $2.70 a round ? Reloading isnt cheaper .

Re: 50 BMG

Reloading is more for match ammo than plinking stuff. I buy surplus but also shoot the monolithic solids from Thunder Ammo in reloads.

I have shot sub MOA at 1000yds with my handloads that cost me less than $3.00/ea. There is no way I can do that with surplus ammo.

Right on Iron man.

For the price (of course there is the equipment cost... which can be steep) you cant really beat hand loaded plinker or match rounds.

If you get some reloads from your brass, and use pull down components, you will be paying similar price per round to buying most "normal" rifle rounds off the shelf (and yours will perform better!).