• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 50 Cal McMillan Video Added 3/26/09

Joe G

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2007
Charleston, WV
McMillan repeater, NF scope, AAC can, 690gr subsonic
Having a friend with a love of guns, PRICELESS
EDIT here******should have been 34.5 gr of red dot to get 950fps. 43 gr was shot over the chrroney when making the loads, but it was not subsonic. Still safe though.
Picture002.jpg

My first video upload so forgive the poor quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhihXFZq0e0

Re: 50 Cal McMillan

Ive got the same exact setup! Still waiting on approval of the suppressor but looking forward to getting it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishman7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice rig gotta like the tac 50 and now that it with a Canadian holds the world distance record makes you wonder </div></div>

Fixed it ...lol
laugh.gif

Um...that's some good shit right there.

Re: 50 Cal McMillan Video Added 3/26/09

AAC just recieved my payment on the can this week.

I will be putting on a Viper XL though........I'm not rich!

LOLZ

Nice stick. Didn't realize it only took forty some grains to make subsonic 50 BMG ammo. Getting my Barrett this Tuesday. Gonna have to try to work up a subsonic load

The regular round seems like it "kicks" a little more than the subsonic round. What a great way to shoot a .50 without dealing with all the recoil and blast associated with it. Nice stick.

how much range is lost by it being subsonic? that was impresive on the quietness of the shot. impact still had that sweet sound of hitting steel.

The subsonic load was 34.5 gr of RedDot shotgun powder, not 43 as stated in the video. (Can you believe you can't trust what you see/read on the web??)

Started at 49 gr and worked down shooting over the chroney to get to subsonic. 34.5 fills case about half. About 6-8" low at 100 yds and dropped about 12 feet shooting 250yds, but we were just playing since it was the first time with the can. Next time we shoot, I'll get more detailed information.

Recoil was almost nonexistant with the subsonic rounds. Tamed the full loads to recoil like a 30-06. I appreciate less sound, but the decreased recoil is what impressed me the most.

Have you done any accuracy testing or do you have any plans to? I would be very interested in some results, also thanks for sharing.

We're gonna reshoot the video and get the right information on it now that I have figured out how to get them on the net. Now that the weather is getting better I can get some sunshine shots and actually show some target work.