• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.50 cal press? Load? Trimming?

zscurlock

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Edinburg, Texas
Which do you prefer? The only one I can get right now is the Hornady. I am also wondering what do about trimming? I have a giraud for all other calibers. Does bmg brass grow and need to be trimmed every firing? I have 200 pieces of primed brass and wanted to get started. Will I have to size it or can I just dump powder and drop a bullet on it.

I bought 13lbs of H50bmg and will be shooting the 750amax any load info would be appreciated. Gun is a TAC-50.

Re: .50 cal press? Load? Trimming?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1162793#Post1162793
You can pick up a wilson for .50 that is pretty good and reasonable and yes they do require trimming after each firing. Set up with a drill on the trimmer that will make your job much easier. Also even if the cases are new and primed make sure to full length resize as you will find lots of differences in the cases especially if they were fired in an M2. You might want to try out some AP from HiTech online for your initial testing as you will save a bundle working out your brass issues with those. They are pretty accurate when sized and a lot cheaper than the AMax. You should get all the work done initially on your brass like primer pocket uniforming, flash hole deburring, etc. so it will be done once and no more worries. Let me know how far along you are and I will give you a hand.

The link to havanet.com is a very good starting point. Has been up for years and I learned a great deal when I started down the .50 path of destruction.

Damn. It doesn't look like my junkyard reloading is going to work.

Sure not with $2 or more a piece AMax. Those babies deserve a little more time and effort. Let me know what you are going to need from the load and I can let you know what your data should be.

If you already have one of my machines for other calibers, why not get another case holder and cutter head for the .50BMG? The machine is fully capable of handling it.

Doug Giraud
Giraud Tool Company