• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .50 Cal Suppressor Alignment

Kynoch2015

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2024
US
I’m wanting to use a SOCOM50 on my DesertTech HTI. I have a Geissele .50 cal alignment rod. Supposedly Geissele manufactured these for SureFire as well. Alignment checks out at the SF brake.
IMG_4142.jpeg

Alignment appears OK at the last baffle.
IMG_4137.jpeg

At the end of the cap, it looks out of alignment. At this point, not a lot of rod is still in the bore. I thought that maybe the rod was not far enough in the barrel and sagging (1st pic below). I turned the rifle upside down and the alignment looks the same (2nd pic below).
IMG_4135.jpeg
IMG_4134.jpeg

How much of the rod should remain in the bore for accurate alignment? The rod is 17”. Any thoughts? I really don’t want a baffle strike on this one! Thanks in advance.
IMG_4143.jpeg

In your pictures testing ‘sag’, in your first pic it favors the lower part of the suppressor….in your second pic, it also favors the lower part (rifle inverted, so it’s now favoring towards the top of suppressor)…..if it were unchanged, it would favor up with the rifle upside down.

that’s gravity.

Get a longer rod

Last edited:
I’ve never used an alignment rod. I pull my bolt out and shine a light from the breech and look down the barrel. You can ‘gunsight’ the barrel perimeter and see how much clearance your suppressor has from the perimeter of the barrel. I’m not looking at the suppressor edge or centering my eye on the barrel, im centering my eye on the edge of the barrel and working my way around the perimeter. Its an easy way to check alignment without tools and just takes a minute.

Reactions: AMGtuned