• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 DTC

titus7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Hey what do you guys know and think about the 50DTC round the Californians alternative for the 50BMG? And if you were to buy say an EDM or Cheytac. What caliber would you get?? One of my biggest concerns is finding reloading components, brass and bullets. Really looking at the EDM Because of price and availability, but dont know a whole lot about 50DTC

Re: 50 DTC

My son got the EDM 50DTC at the first of this year, we've been reloading for it and shoots great. The 50dtc reloading components are the same as the 50bmg, but right now everything is hard to find! Anyhow get the 50dtc first the order a barrel and bolt from EDM in the 408 Cheytac. JMO

Right now anywhere they have it. Ya just trim 1/8" off a 50bmg,push the shoulder back put in 218 gr. 5010, seat 690 gr. bullet then fire form. Just that easy, just alot of $$$$ in equipment. If we can help in anyway send a PM

Be sure you get the same spec on your dies as your chamber. The original spec was .510DTC-EUROPE but the most common now in the States is .510DTC-EDM. CH4D makes good dies for that caliber.

I will be starting this month reloading DTC if you need some rounds I am thinking of "giving a hand" to anyone who needs ammo. I have been pretty lucky finding components lately including CH4D dies and a brand spankin' new Hollywood press. Have powder, projo's, primers, tumblers, and access to a giraud trimmer. Give me a PM if you have anything you need. I also have a VERY complete reloading data for every different combination of bullet, primer, case, and powder. I have been loading for my Windrunner .50DTC for a couple of years now with Tom Miller.

titus
I have all the dies for DTC and a hollywood micrometer seater, and neck sizing die, deprime and all the extra stuff along with a bunch of brass. Let me know when you get your Windrunner as this will be the round I will be loading the most so it will fit yours perfect. Will be getting some BMG dies just for the fun of it also to load for .50 BMG. When I get everything together I will post pics

Sir,

I'm expectimg to get my EDM 50 dtc in about six months. I reloaded before and I'm trying to put together all the things I need to reload this ammo. Can you tell me where to I start?

Thanks in advance

Gonna need a press large enough. There is a group buy going on right now for 510 DTC dies on a "california friendly" forum (we all know it), I bought my brass in bulk on gunbroker, all once fired LC, Projo's are the hard part as well as powder. And you'll need lots of it! Honady powder drop for 50 works well, as well as case trimmer by Forster for 50. Lee makes a decent press for cheap for the 50. Dies wont work as they are for standard 50BMG though. OH YEAH, and lots of LUBE!!

Hope this help.

I also have a extra wallnut hill press and stand if any one is looking for one. Its still at Richards and has not been shipped yet, I got the email yeaserday and its done(8+ month wait).

An extra? Nice going that press is more than enough. Let me know what part of the state you are in. Here is my last reloading process for my Windrunner in 50DTC. Have since picked up a inline Hollywood seater also and a few other pieces and parts
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...793#Post1162793
I have listed stuff here before but if you want to pm me I can get you started. I would PM C.K on that press it is a good one and the FIRST thing you need to get out of the way.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have a extra wallnut hill press and stand if any one is looking for one. Its still at Richards and has not been shipped yet, I got the email yeaserday and its done(8+ month wait).</div></div>

Thnaks for the Info.

Another question, is it okay to get and reload 50 BMG brass once fire that are Mil boxer primed?
I saw some at GB....

Another one...Can my Leupold Mark 4 LRT(i'm planning to sue for my Windrunner) can handle a 50 Dtc recoil?

Boxer=Good
Berdan=Bad
Your lupy should be OK based on the M96 weight and muzzle brake.
forgot to add find crod1972 here on the hide. He is not getting any more brass but he may have some .50 stuff left. You have to be kind of picky with the brass.

Pick of the Brand spankin' new Hollywood inline seater next to a normal sized die.
DSC07617-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boxer=Good
Berdan=Bad
Your lupy should be OK based on the M96 weight and muzzle brake.
forgot to add find crod1972 here on the hide. He is not getting any more brass but he may have some .50 stuff left. You have to be kind of picky with the brass.

Pick of the Brand spankin' new Hollywood inline seater next to a normal sized die.
DSC07617-1.jpg
</div></div>

That is some sweet kit. I think if loaded 5K rounds with the RCBS dies that came with my ammomaster.

Is the sleeve on that seater a neck + shoulder or a full body? Looks like a neck and shoulder.

about 3/4 of the full body
The area you see open is the spot you put the projo in and will continue up into the die a little over half way so during the seating process you see the bullet seating. I should try and get some video and post it. Sure makes seating easy and repeatable. The micrometer is perfect right on the money so seating depth is super easy to change and return back to whatever you want also putting the bullet in the side like that is a lot nicer than balancing it on top of the case. It is a massive die. You really don't get the idea how big the thing is until it is in your hand. Can't imagine if this was in a 20mm.

I think they go for around $475 when you can get them but I picked it up second hand unused for $175 plus another $75 to send it back up to him to set it set up for the DTC. I can use it on .50BMG and DTC now.