• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

MOUNTIC

Mountic Outdoors: Big Game Hunter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2017
    Colorado
    mounticoutdoors.com
    Just saw an email from EO for 50% off a Minox with the M18 purchase and did a little math.. You can snag a Mauser M18 rifle for under 500 bucks. Which is 200 off itself. And get a coupon for 50% off a scope from Minox-USA.

Esentally you can get a ZP5 5-25x56 MR4 and a rifle for 2215 bucks.

If your on the fence about a ZP5, why not get a rifle and a scope new for less then used scopes go for?? Even if it's a plinker for your kid or a backup rifle, it's a smoking deal.

Last edited:
    Just ordered a PRC m18 from Euro and plan to grab a zp5.

Feel bad for the Mauser USA guy who after calling him is mainly blaser and Minox/Mauser have given him almost zero info. I tried to make sure every optic qualified he apologized and said the web add we can see is all he knows.

Worth a shot, if it doesn’t work out I still have a 550$ 6.5 prc and I’ve been interested in how these m18s shoot.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
    Dang, this is legit, thanks for sharing jwk. I've been curious about 6.5 PRC, this is a crazy good deal from Minox, their MSRP on the ZP5 5-25x56 is $3430 and you have to purchase from Minox USA, but even still at $1715 for a ZP5 5-25, that's just unbeatable... Here's a link to Mauser's discount code/form - http://mauser-usa.com/minox-discount-code/

Anybody know who makes a decent picatinny rail to fit the Mauser M18 action? Can that barrel be threaded for 5/8-24 for a suppressor, looks kind of thin...

Edit: I just found out the M18 uses Remington 700 scope base, so I'm assuming any Remington 700 pic rail should work, can anyone verify this?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Terp00
    Mine arrives tomorrow, hoping if I can get that code before most I can snag an mr4. My biggest worry is the go OOS quick from the website

Has Minox-USA validated that the ZP5 is within scope here?

I've got a rifle in my cart, but I'm a little skittish that after purchase suddenly the ZP5 won't be available or something....

It seems to say anything is game and the Minox/Mauser USA guy in Texas has no idea other than the terms and conditions. The terms don’t mention any caps.

I imagine this is a publicity thing to get m18s out into the world and talked about. If they come in after the fact and rule out the best scopes it will be a PR nightmare

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a reason Minox doesn’t seem to be popular in PRS?

Mine arrives tomorrow, hoping if I can get that code before most I can snag an mr4. My biggest worry is the go OOS quick from the website
    Website says the deal is good through 12/31/2019 so quite a few months left.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a reason Minox doesn’t seem to be popular in PRS?
    That's just opening Pandora's box, there is a multitude of reasons, none of which negate the fact this is one of the best scopes available today, some may disagree but by far the majority of ZP5 owners are very happy. Minox simply isn't a well known brand for high end long range scopes and they do not market well in the States, I think that is the biggest reason.

Right, I’m talking about grabbing the scope before it goes OOS for who knows how long
    I guess that's the catch, one would think they would not go out of stock for 5 months, but then again. Tell you what, someone who wants the Mauser M18 buy one, and then I'll pay you $1800 for the ZP5 and you can pocket a few bucks :LOL:

Watch... second hand sales drop on 5-25 ZP5s even more starting in 3,2,1....

$2200 for a new in box MR4 is a steal by itself. You get a free rifle if you sell the scope for that. Or dump the gun like someone here already mentioned for 200 bucks and makes a new scope 2k or less pending what the guns go for.

Well see how many actually get them before they go OOS. Call to Minox is a simple way to find out..

Reactions: blbennett1288
    Hmmm long delays will be super frustrating if they hit your card on order vs on shipment

I got the email yesterday, read it and immediately deleted it and tried to forget about this deal. My credit card is sad you posted this reminder lol.

Remington 700 long action bases work. Unfortunately there isn't a single aftermarket stock replacement for the synthetic.

Has Minox-USA validated that the ZP5 is within scope here?

I've got a rifle in my cart, but I'm a little skittish that after purchase suddenly the ZP5 won't be available or something....

up to $1750 discount...and yes.

Quality issues. You could get a good one or a total lemon. At the price with this deal you could get your money back I'm sure so not a ton of risk.

They aren't giving anybody in the top 100 a free scope, simple as that

So why do so many people run Schmidts? You realize the top PRS shooter uses schmidt and doesn't even get a free scope right?

Surprised minox is willing to let the zp5 be devalued like this.

Also very bad for anyone trying to sell a used minox now.

Reactions: psychosniper
    I needed another 243 anyway. EO ships quick and it'll be here next week. Perfect timing.

I’ve found a YouTube video with an actual owner comparing it to a T3x that was very positive. Action looks quite beefy in a good way. That was the first actual review other than shill gun article nonsense that I could find.

Here is just the m18 his channel also has the t3 comparison video.

It has made me more interested in the m18 than before for sure. Still a cheap hunting gun but looks like the action has some pretty cool integral safety features and dual plungers, 3lug, 3 pos safety at that price point isn’t too shabby. 6.5 prc shooters group has a few owners with them and they all seem to shoot very well.

I can’t figure out if the PRC is on long action or how the action length works in these guns, I’ll update mag length when I pick mine up tomorrow. I will say the mag while proprietary looks very good from reviews for a 500$ rifle

So I didn't talk to anyone at Mauser/Sauer or at Minox, but I just want to point out the that "it has to be in stock" restriction in the promo terms above is referring to the firearm, not the optic.

Also, if anyone hasn't already checked it out, the way it works is that you buy the rifle first, fill out the little web form about it and upload your rifle receipt, and then they give you a 50% code that works at Minox's US website.

Minox USA was charging me almost $300 sales tax when I added a ZP5 to my cart. That’s more than my state tax. Don’t remember how far I was in the process. Maybe they would have only charged the correct tax on what I actually paid. I was just assuming worst case scenario.

Once you
    Minox USA was charging me almost $300 sales tax when I added a ZP5 to my cart. That’s more than my state tax. Don’t remember how far I was in the process. Maybe they would have only charged the correct tax on what I actually paid. I was just assuming worst case scenario.

When you just add it to your cart it shows up with tax. When you punch in your address to checkout it went away. At least for the ones I have purchased from them.

Just tried it again. Scope, plus 10 bucks shipping. No tax. At least here in CO.

Good to know, maybe it’s worth a rethink. Although I already have an AMG and ATACR 7-35 that aren’t mounted. Not sure what I would do with another ZP5 lol. At this price it just seems you can’t afford not to buy one lol

Reactions: 92trk
    Once you

When you just add it to your cart it shows up with tax. When you punch in your address to checkout it went away. At least for the ones I have purchased from them.

Just tried it again. Scope, plus 10 bucks shipping. No tax. At least here in CO.
    This is becoming harder and harder to pass up

Just picked up my PRC and submitted for my code. You get an email with code in 7-10 days.

M18 is a beefy Tikka t3. Needs some elbow grease to get the bolt zipper to quiet down. Handy little rifle. 6.5 prc Appears to be on the long action which will be perfect for the saami chamber spec

Edit* it’s not full long action, it’s got a mag block like a tikka short action. Takes mag length down to 3.02”

3897A1A7-D5F3-48EE-BBF0-009883B2FB10.jpeg

1D8D71EC-10BE-4461-B015-B1C50276ECA4.jpeg

Last edited:
    Just picked up my PRC and submitted for my code. You get an email with code in 7-10 days.

M18 is a beefy Tikka t3. Needs some elbow grease to get the bolt zipper to quiet down. Handy little rifle. 6.5 prc Appears to be on the long action which will be perfect for the saami chamber spec

Edit* it’s not full long action, it’s got a mag block like a tikka short action. Takes mag length down to 3.02”
    So can that block be removed or milled out a bit? 3.02" is stil a bit longer than the SAAMI spec of 2.955 inches COAL for the 6.5 PRC. Does the rifle just come with one magazine?

So can that block be removed or milled out a bit? 3.02" is stil a bit longer than the SAAMI spec of 2.955 inches COAL for the 6.5 PRC. Does the rifle just come with one magazine?

I can’t confirm that it can be milled out, but I bet it is possible. It is not a rotary mag, double stack straight down. I also think you might could buy a win mag magazine and use that.

One mag
    91A5D3AB-6E62-4E23-9A0B-AE6C266C99CD.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Glassaholic
    Final price came out 1725 for me... hoping it ships soon.

Code came about a day after rebate was completed, but seems like it was maybe checked by a real person so timeline may not be as quick as more submissions roll in.

Such a great deal....My M18 is supposed to get to my ffl this thursday. I will fill out the rebate shortly after taking possession.

I didn’t see bases but may have overlooked them, it used 700 bases.

Stocks will be a limiting factor, you’ll likely either get factory or need a custom inlet job. However, if you’re looking for a hunting rifle it’s actually one of the better factory synthetic stocks I’ve ever used. It’s comfortable, not heavy and is totally foam filled so it isn’t hollow sounding at all. It’s not a blaser, but it has a blaser-esk design and feel to it.

For what I paid for it without the code, it’s a good rifle IMO and in that price range it competes really well. Biggest gripe I have so far is some zipper sound when running the bolt, I’ve probably cycled it over 500 times at this point and it is much better. It’s quite slick now even if it is slightly audible. Understand I am quite picky in bolt smoothness and sound.

I will probably float mine out on the used market simply because I don’t really need it right now, and have some other stuff I want more. In general I have a lack of love for synthetic sporter rifles but im liking it and won’t give it away.

Noticed that the Sauer 100s have similar 50% off Minox, though they do cost a bit more than the Mausers. Any ideas on if they're worth the premium?

Seems like the same basic rifle but with a little more machine work, action seems to be slabbed, little more sleek bolt shroud, different handle, polished bolt, and a different stock from looking at videos.

Who knows if it’s worth it. I wouldnt mind the smoother/ more finished bolt. The zipper sound is annoying to me, but it is going away as I work the bolt more and more.

From what I’ve seen the Sauer 101 and Mauser m12s however have pressed in barrels vs threaded.... which I’m not in love with as if I keep mine it will be threaded for a can.

Reactions: kai24