• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

^^^ These companies will only get worse, they have found a way around the 1st amendment by hiding behind being a private enterprise, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Facebook are all getting into the fray of silencing whomever they don't agree with. I am not on social media and don't care to ever be, but I only see this getting worse especially against religion and the 2nd Amendment. Sorry to get off topic for the thread, but I am with your frustration Jmc!

Well, anyway.... scope rocks. Glass is flat out gorgeous, great clicks, and a fantastic eye box. I get most frustrated with a tight eye box since nothing is perfect while hunting, and CA/flares/blooming ever since my lasik.. this scope excels in both areas so far. Quite pleased.

Well, anyway.... scope rocks. Glass is flat out gorgeous, great clicks, and a fantastic eye box. I get most frustrated with a tight eye box since nothing is perfect while hunting, and CA/flares/blooming ever since my lasik.. this scope excels in both areas so far. Quite pleased.

That’s why i put the atacr up and kept the ZP5. Other than turrets and reticle preference. It was the better optic. Most notably the eyebox at 25x

Minox still has 34 zp5 mr4 instock, if you can take the photo of m18 box to redeem the code, do it ASAP. You can even ask EO to send you the photo before they ship the gun to your FFL....

Damn i hope they aren't gone by the time it gets here. I emailed jason but a tracking number has already been created so i assume i wont get the pic until it gets here. I wonder how fast they're going?

Damn i hope they aren't gone by the time it gets here. I emailed jason but a tracking number has already been created so i assume i wont get the pic until it gets here. I wonder how fast they're going?
I live in San Diego, and it took me 4 days

Reactions: 5RWill
I don't think you have to worry, I highly doubt Minox is "selling out" their top of the line scopes through this deal.

Makes me wonder if they are cleaning out old stock to make room for a new in the works scope?

Makes me wonder if they are cleaning out old stock to make room for a new in the works scope?
I highly doubt they would replace the venerable 5-25x56; however, I would sure love to see a 4-20x50 short scope in the ZP5 line. Also, the 50% off deal is for any Minox scope, even their cheaper ones so they aren't really targeting any particular line. I see this as a means for Blaser to market some of the products they are importing into the US; however, it would have been nice if they worked the deal through dealers instead of directly through Minox. I'm sure the Hide dealers and many others who sell Minox scopes aren't too thrilled as this cuts into potential sales of the scopes they sell.

The deal makes me wonder why they are purposefully devaluing their Top Tier scope...

Demo model $2800...NIB with this deal ~$1800...

The deal makes me wonder why they are purposefully devaluing their Top Tier scope...

Demo model $2800...NIB with this deal ~$1800...
Who knows what they were thinking, my best guess is create a buzz to cause more market awareness and this thread is exactly what they were hoping for. If they get more ZP5's into shooters hands, they will get more rave reviews which will encourage other shooters to purchase. And if someone couldn't afford $3k for a ZP5, now here's a way to get a rifle and a ZP5 for just over $2k.

Who knows what they were thinking, my best guess is create a buzz to cause more market awareness and this thread is exactly what they were hoping for. If they get more ZP5's into shooters hands, they will get more rave reviews which will encourage other shooters to purchase. And if someone couldn't afford $3k for a ZP5, now here's a way to get a rifle and a ZP5 for just over $2k.

I hear you, and I get that. The used market had settled out at $2200-$2400. I kinda figured an adjustment would be more in line with this.

The deal is great for Minox lovers :)

Makes you wonder how much margin is in a scope. I'm thinking the ZP5 may cost sub $500 to make.

The more i look through the zp5 the more I’m impressed. Had the zp5, atacr, and amg out today until 30 minutes after official sunset. The only real criticism i can make is the turrets but again if said person isn’t a turret purest like bill said they’re still good. To be fair they all managed right at 28 minutes after official sunset on 10x staring at a full size ipsc at 800yds. But the ZP5 was notably ahead of the pack and lasted a couple of minutes longer.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's the deal with ZP8? Is it not avail or just sold out?

Don’t start any formal complaints until my ZP5 is on the way please lol.

Kidding aside yeah it does hurt the resale but I’ll be frank the used market right now is shit for anything other than ZCO and TT. I’ve been seeing ZP5s go for 2200-2300. ATACRs including mine 2100-2300. Kahles for 2300-2600 which is actually damn good considering. 7-35s are holding a little better but yeah if you’re trying to recoup money on a $3000 optic now is really not the time to sell.

And having said that it does hurt the dealers which is an inconsiderate move on their part. But i do get it. As someone asked in this thread “how come you don’t see ZP5s everywhere.”

Don’t start any formal complaints until my ZP5 is on the way please lol.

Kidding aside yeah it does hurt the resale but I’ll be frank the used market right now is shit for anything other than ZCO and TT. I’ve been seeing ZP5s go for 2200-2300. ATACRs including mine 2100-2300. Kahles for 2300-2600 which is actually damn good considering. 7-35s are holding a little better but yeah if you’re trying to recoup money on a $3000 optic now is really not the time to sell.

And having said that it does hurt the dealers which is an inconsiderate move on their part. But i do get it. As someone asked in this thread “how come you don’t see ZP5s everywhere.”
Pretty much every optic that is not the latest and greatest and on backorder, etc. will lose value, some more than others depending on popularity among the community, but yes, if you bought a ZP5 last month and paid full price and then saw this deal, you might feel as Jay mentions above. I wish Minox would have done the deal through the dealer network instead of through Minox directly.

Pretty much every optic that is not the latest and greatest and on backorder, etc. will lose value, some more than others depending on popularity among the community, but yes, if you bought a ZP5 last month and paid full price and then saw this deal, you might feel as Jay mentions above. I wish Minox would have done the deal through the dealer network instead of through Minox directly.

As a dealer I'd be upset the promo includes the ZP5 and lasts 5 months. The lower cost scopes are much less effected by the promotion.

Reactions: hk dave
It’s one thing for a one off prize at a raffle or prize at a tournament but to extend it to everyone for that length of time is kind of strange. Maybe they are trying to saturate the market so people can see the quality and generate a broader customer base. Be interesting to sit in on a marketing meeting and hear the logic.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I think it’s just as much to get Minox scopes talked about as it is to get a bunch of Mauser peasant rifles out in the world to show people they exist.

I’ve seen a lot of “I’ve never heard of Minox” as well as a lot of “Mauser still makes guns?”

Has anyone here actually shot the m18 yet? When mine came in, I looked it over and ended up selling it dirt cheap. Seemed to just be a cheap hunting rifle with next to no aftermarket support. Would be curious how well it actually shoots. Is the rod recoil lug a proprietary thing or does any other rifle other than Mauser use it?
I thought Tikka does

I ordered one in 30-06 for my son to use deer hunting. As long as it shoots as good as my old FN mauser he used last year we will keep the m18 for him to use.

I think I’m going to keep my M18. I actually don’t have a dedicated hunting rifle. I think this will fit the bill just fine. Only using it a handful of times a year won’t bother me given how little I spent on it.

On another note I finally got off my ass and ordered a 5-25 with the MR4 reticle.

Reactions: CStroud
I recieved the m18 rifle chambered in 30-06 for my son. Submitted the needed information to Minox last night at 1800. I recieved the code this morning purchased the optic about 10 minutes after receiving the code. I can't complain about the time frame or the price. $1725 is a steal for an "alpha-class" optic.

There is already one for sale in the PX for 2250 (iirc) brand new.
I saw that this morning. To each their own. I'll keep mine. I was in the process of swapping to this optic to all my rifles so this was perfect timing. I sold a ton of my unused items and now have 3 ZP5s in my safe...

There is already one for sale in the PX for 2250 (iirc) brand new.
There's one for 2600. Avg profit would be 650ish after cost of rifle, sell for $300. Not bad and can't blame them for doing it. Hopefully they don't pull the plug on the deal.

Took possession four days after ordering. Will zero in the morning. Stiff clicks from 13.7 to 14.2 mils. Dusk light was phenomenal vs naked eye. Illumination knob kinda blows, xtr2 and Cronus have better feel.

I am just curious why would anyone spend 2600 in the x rather than taking advantage of this deal...

There's one for 2600. Avg profit would be 650ish after cost of rifle, sell for $300. Not bad and can't blame them for doing it. Hopefully they don't pull the plug on the deal.

I sold a new unused mr4 a while back for 2300. And then a lightly used one for 2215. I would think with this sale going on now the street price for a new mr4 is going to be 2200 new in box. My opinion of course. But when you can get scope and rifle for 2200 we may see some even lower. $2,600 is a stretch at best for someone who hasn't been paying attention.

After using for the first time today: I've seen things I've never seen before. Individual grass and leaves at 900 yards. Bullet marks on steel at a mile. The carbon on holes on paper at 100 yards. Mirage is still makes my small long distance targets unseeable as it got hot. Parallax was easy. The hard spot is usable but annoying. The illumination is useless in the daytime. 14 mil per turn is excessive but the turrets keep it from being a problem. I got 23.5 mils with a 100 yard zero with 35 moa on my rail. My friends now hold me to a higher standard.

Finally unboxed the scope. Oddly from the factory the scope was set at 14mils elevation and the diopter was adjusted for Stevie Wonder's prescription. Kind of weird settings from the factory in my experience.

Reactions: Stooxie