• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

Anyone just want to buy a discount code from a guy? I initially thought I might want the scope, but the cash isn’t readily available right now. I’ve considered keeping the gun as a truck rifle.

Curious what you guys think of the rifle. This would be my first bolt gun and I wondering if this would be a good start. I'm not looking for any kind of 1000yd+ shooting as the longest range I have near me is 300yds. I'm more just looking to try hunting and have fun with a little distance.

My main concern is the stock. Is it really bad being hollow?

Curious what you guys think of the rifle. This would be my first bolt gun and I wondering if this would be a good start. I'm not looking for any kind of 1000yd+ shooting as the longest range I have near me is 300yds. I'm more just looking to try hunting and have fun with a little distance.

My main concern is the stock. Is it really bad being hollow?

The rifle is a turd. Or more like most low low end offerings, Ruger American, TC Compass, Random Savage. If you would be happy with them--this rifle would also work.

Thanks guys. I’ll have to contact them. I checked out as a guest. I had setup an account but for some reason when I was logged in the coupon code wouldn’t work. Minox gave me 3 different codes to try. Had to checkout as a guest in order for the code to work.

Thanks guys. I’ll have to contact them. I checked out as a guest. I had setup an account but for some reason when I was logged in the coupon code wouldn’t work. Minox gave me 3 different codes to try. Had to checkout as a guest in order for the code to work.

Just call them and they will tell you/email you tracking info. Mine fell through also but they had shipped it

The rifle is a turd. Or more like most low low end offerings, Ruger American, TC Compass, Random Savage. If you would be happy with them--this rifle would also work.
Wow, what is it that makes the rifle so bad? There aren't any dealers in my area where I can actually see one in person.

I gave the rifle to my dad. I just had it shipped to his FFL and I haven’t seen it in person. He said it was nice enough. Way better than a Ruger American or run of the mill savage. Said it was on par with his Tikka. He’s not into high end stuff like a lot of us but he would know if it was actually a turd and he’s happy with it. YMM.

Wow, what is it that makes the rifle so bad? There aren't any dealers in my area where I can actually see one in person.
I wouldn't call the rifle a turd. But it's definitely not a super highend rifle. Its more along the lines of a "German-made Ruger American". It does have some redeeming features;
1) CHEAP
2) CHEAP Minox ZP5 (the sole reason any of us bought it)
3) 60* Bolt
4) duel plunger ejectors
5) Easy-to-grab bolt knob
6) magazine fed (well placed release)
7) 3 position safety
8) Takes remington 700 LA scope base
9) Special hidey hole in the buttstock for hunting/sniper snacks
10) came with sling thingys

Cons;
1) Pressed barrel (couldn't see threads in the front scope base hole)
2) Makes a Zipper sound while running bolt (NOT COOL or snipery)
3) no aftermarket stock support (yet)
4) seems like a lot of plastic (trigger?)

I'm keeping the rifle for my son to use. He took his first deer with my 1950s FN Mauser so I figured he should have his own rifle to make memories with. Hopefully, Ill be sighting it in tomorrow to see how it shoots... If it won't shoot 1 moa, I'll sell it.
20190817_234838.jpg

I didn't get any kind of shipping details either. I had to dig through my account and find it on an invoice.

I never saw the rifle, it went to the FFL and then on to a new home. I'm sure it looked just like the picture above. I assume it's a run of the mill basic hunting rifle. The scope is great though.

I actually didn’t get shipping info from Blaser/Minox. I got it from UPS. The way my account is set up I get an email when a package is shipped to my address.

Just got “My Ups” e-mail that I have a package coming tomorrow. Either I missed the initial email from Ups or I didn’t get one. I can’t recall the last time I was so excited for a Monday.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I had no luck selling locally and threw it up on GunBroker... That Mauser got sold in 2 hours lol.

Changed my address to the local pharmacy where my cousin works because they're open 7 days a week and UPS delivered to the wrong address, received by a person i've never heard of with no signature..

Then the UPS number attached to my order at minox says it was delivered in Texas. But i got a notification from UPS that i had package on the way to me from Blaser, USA. So idk we'll see.

• Angry
Reactions: DangerRanger
I wouldn't call the rifle a turd. But it's definitely not a super highend rifle. Its more along the lines of a "German-made Ruger American". It does have some redeeming features;
1) CHEAP
2) CHEAP Minox ZP5 (the sole reason any of us bought it)
3) 60* Bolt
4) duel plunger ejectors
5) Easy-to-grab bolt knob
6) magazine fed (well placed release)
7) 3 position safety
8) Takes remington 700 LA scope base
9) Special hidey hole in the buttstock for hunting/sniper snacks
10) came with sling thingys

Cons;
1) Pressed barrel (couldn't see threads in the front scope base hole)
2) Makes a Zipper sound while running bolt (NOT COOL or snipery)
3) no aftermarket stock support (yet)
4) seems like a lot of plastic (trigger?)

I'm keeping the rifle for my son to use. He took his first deer with my 1950s FN Mauser so I figured he should have his own rifle to make memories with. Hopefully, Ill be sighting it in tomorrow to see how it shoots... If it won't shoot 1 moa, I'll sell it.View attachment 7132160
Thanks. I wasn't expecting anything super high end, just a good starter rifle that isn't a cheap POS. Since I'm not looking to do any kind of extreme long range shooting (I know, I'm on the wrong forum lol.) I'm not too concerned with the lack of aftermarket support or the pressed in barrel. The zipper noise seems like it might be annoying. I noticed that with several Rugers I tried out at a local gun shop but was told it goes away the more you shoot it and cycle the bolt.

Already placed my order @ EO. FFL has sent info over to EO and EO had confirmed they received. Now I tried convincing them to send me pic of the bar code label but they said that's not something they do. I insisted it is because many people have already gotten a pic sent and the rep said I'll have to wait a bit but that he'll do it. Hopefully he comes through. Can't fucking wait lol!

So I ordered rifle, got picture of barcode label, input all that into mauser website, received code, and ordered minox all within a couple hours. But because I'm in Texas, there was no way to avoid taxes... oh well!!!
Screenshot_20190822-125819.png

Reactions: Jonnyb0381
Still a damn good deal though. I was looking at that 3-15 pretty hard for an AR10 build I'm collecting parts for.

How long do the coupons last? Is there an expiration date? Just wondering if I bought the gun now and got the code, do I have to use the code before December 31? Or is it good for longer?

So I ordered rifle, got picture of barcode label, input all that into mauser website, received code, and ordered minox all within a couple hours. But because I'm in Texas, there was no way to avoid taxes... oh well!!!
View attachment 7134730
Man I was close to doing this. But losing $140 on taxes plus $150-$200 on the sale of the gun plus FFL fees leaves the price of the scope at around $2100 total anyway. You can nearly buy one from that on the PX. But new from Minox is tempting...maybe I should just jump ship...I just love my Delta Stryker so much...

Exactly my thought process but I still went with it anyways. Idk why I am able to order many other things via online without paying taxes but not this. Oh well, now it's just a waiting game until I get it in.

Man I was close to doing this. But losing $140 on taxes plus $150-$200 on the sale of the gun plus FFL fees leaves the price of the scope at around $2100 total anyway. You can nearly buy one from that on the PX. But new from Minox is tempting...maybe I should just jump ship...I just love my Delta Stryker so much...
I hear what you're saying patriot and that's probably the one thing that has kept me from jumping on this offer, I do not need another rifle and would just sell it but the thought of having to go through my FFL and pay fees to the transfer and then to sell it and ship to another FFL and so forth, I'm not sure yet if it's worth the hassle, but since I still have a few months to decide I'm not sweating it right now.

I also hear you on the "jump ship". I suffer from the same thing, I call it G.O.D - Glass Obsession Disorder, and it causes me to sometimes sell perfectly good scopes hoping that something else will be better. Thankfully I've settled down somewhat and don't flip my scopes so often anymore - mostly because I think the ZP5 is the pinnacle of what I'm searching for. Is the Tangent Theta slightly better, most likely but for the price premium and additional weight I have no desire to go there, the ZCO ZC527 is much closer to the ZP5 5-25 but again, what does it really offer me above and beyond what the ZP5 already offers - a bit better turrets (I honestly don't think the ZP5 turrets are as bad as some make them out to be), but I still like the MR4 reticle over the MPCT2 because of the dots in the tree on the MR4 vs. the solid tree lines of the MPCT2, just personal preference, but I do like the thickness of the MPCT series (slightly thicker than the MR4) better so if ZCO came out with an MPCT3 which used dots in the tree instead of solid lines, I'd be more persuaded to change at that point. There is no other scope I have seen (other than ZCO) that can come close in overall IQ (color rendition, contrast, resolution, CA control) so unless their is a new scope announced that would be a "game changer" I don't know how persuaded I could be. The only other scope that has piqued my interest is the March PRS 5-42x56 High Master, but then again, do I really need above 25x and they need to come out with a much better reticle to be of real interest for me.

The M18 I bought came into the FFL and went out of the FFL. I never transferred it to myself.

Sell it on GB, they're going for $300 and up. The FFL sent me a picture of the end of the box per the promotion requirement. I never saw the rifle, just sold it and shipped it.

The scope is awesome!

The M18 I bought came into the FFL and went out of the FFL. I never transferred it to myself.
I don't think my FFL will handle things that way. And I hadn't even thought of shipping costs as well...

I'll probably stick with my Stryker for now. For me, it was around $600 cheaper than even the $2100 Minox and I just don't see the Minox being $600 better for my purposes. I just love the reticle, mag range, FOV, etc. on the Stryker and I'm sure the Minox has better glass and probably better turrets, but the difference isn't worth that amount of money to me and the hassle of dealing with the rifle purchase/transfer/etc. I'm not sitting here with my Stryker wishing I had a ZP5. If I was, I'd probably jump on it.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Sell it on GB, they're going for $300 and up. The FFL sent me a picture of the end of the box per the promotion requirement. I never saw the rifle, just sold it and shipped it.

The scope is awesome!
This deal must be selling a boatload of Mausers! Now if they only had a 50% off a Blaser R8...

If you put the two next to each other you would.
But that's why he doesn't want to ;) My first "high end" tactical scope was the original Bushnell ET 3.5-21x50 and I thought it was awesome, and then I found a "deal" on a Premier LT 3-15x50 and that ruined me forever. It is very difficult for me to go back to "good" glass when you've seen "great" glass o_O But here's the thing, there is nothing wrong with most "good" scopes these days, they still allow you to hit what you aim at and if you are perfectly happy with what you have, then don't let us convince you otherwise.

Damn, my scope arrived today around 6PM. I ordered it yesterday around 2 or 3 PM. This was really fucking fast. Tracking number says it won't get here til next week on Thursday. Too bad I'm out of town for work and have no idea when I'll be able to go for it...

But that's why he doesn't want to ;) My first "high end" tactical scope was the original Bushnell ET 3.5-21x50 and I thought it was awesome, and then I found a "deal" on a Premier LT 3-15x50 and that ruined me forever. It is very difficult for me to go back to "good" glass when you've seen "great" glass o_O But here's the thing, there is nothing wrong with most "good" scopes these days, they still allow you to hit what you aim at and if you are perfectly happy with what you have, then don't let us convince you otherwise.

It's a curse! That moment for me was my first S&B 3-20x US and then a ZP8 -- I immediately went into 'sell' mode on everything else I owned. I've still never looked through anything like a Tangent or Hensoldt.

I strongly believe that there is some sort of gear/quality to skill curve. It matters when you're trying to eek out the last bit of performance and you have the skill to match.....you're probably in the 99% percentile.That would not be me, but I rationalize my purchases by comparing it to lifetime earnings. An extra $1-1.5k spent on a few hobby items over the course of a lifetime is trivial.

Reactions: Glassaholic
These are starting to show up on the used market. I put a post here and in an optics group on mewe looking for one for 1850. I just got a bunch of criticism here for the price I wanted one at, picked up a very lightly used one on mewe for 1880 after shipping( post was up for about 8 hours) . The guy selling it bought the rifle, gave it to his kid, and wasn't a fan of the turrets or mr4 reticle. So basically he got the rifle for 375. All the ones here listed for 2300-2500 have just sat unsold. I'm guessing the used market on these is going to take a hit for a while until this deals well over.
I agree Eric, the downside of this is if you want to sell one, until this deal is over it's going to be very difficult to sell at the "typical" used price of around $2300-$2400, it'll be interesting to see how low these will go.

This scope makes me want to get my hand on a TT to compare them

Talk to hk Dave or blbennett1288 , they own both and can tell you about their experience. A TT the ZP5 is not in regard to total package. The reason I chose ZP5 is because I wanted a phenomenal 5-25 that was under 35oz, the fact that it has my favorite reticle (MR4) was icing on the cake. No other 5-25 comes close, especially at these prices. Without this deal (50%) I might be inclined to save $800 more and buy the ZCO, but the ZCO weighs more and I don’t like the MPCT2 as much but it’s still a great reticle.

@wjm308 @Jmcmath The glass on the ZP5 is about the closest you are going to get to a TT without paying a $3k+ price tag. The viewing experience and specs are very similar. The parallax's are both set them and forget it, and kinda only have 3 settings, short/middle/long. Both are parallax free past about 300 yards.

Unfortunately, that is about where the similarities end, at glass and parallax. The turrets on TT are next level, absolutely the best, bar none. The illumination/parallax controls are better on the TT. The ZP5 magnification ring is better than TT, the TT is absurdly stiff, although there have been recent reports of lighter magnification rings on the TT. The TT machining/fit/finish is outstanding and clearly distances itself from the ZP5 there. The ZP5 machining/fit/finish is the worst of any majors in my opinion, NF/Kahles/TT/ZCO/S&B are all better, and id put it on par with Vortex. Certainly not bad by any means, just not what I would expect from a Alpha Scope. The TT feels more robust and solid than the ZP5. With the introduction of the Gen3XR the reticle selection is a wash now.

Last edited: