• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

@wjm308 @Jmcmath The ZP5 machining/fit/finish is the worst of any majors in my opinion, NF/Kahles/TT/ZCO/S&B are all better, and id put it on par with Vortex. Certainly not bad by any means, just not what I would expect from a Alpha Scope.

I have no doubt the TT is very robust; however, I would be curious what criteria you use in determining "machining/fit/finish" of alpha class? The reason I ask is when I compare the Minox ZP5 to say Schmidt and Bender I do not feel the ZP5 is lacking with regard to machining (design seems well executed with tight tolerances), fit (again tight tolerances with good tension for parallax, magnification, illumination and locking diopter), finish (I have not had any issues with the finish, it is anodized aluminum and has held up as well as the others). About the only area of criticism would be the turrets, earlier versions appeared to have some QC issues and some have said even newer versions have some issues. I've never had issue with mine and other shooters I know who own the ZP5 have not had issues with theirs either, it's not as good as my Kahles K318i or my buddies ZCO, but it was far better than the Schmidt 18 mil turrets and fairly comparable to the Schmidt 14 mil but without the tight MTC. I suppose a lot of this is subjective and may just be a perception and expectation, and we sometimes have different expectations which effect our perception.

Anyone want a 300 dollar rifle. Going to get one for the coupon. If this qualifies as a word ad I’ll remove it

@Ericsl2 you have to be careful when using logic buy stuff. I had an ass hat comment on my post because I posted I wanted a SWR radius for 500 or best offer. He wanted to tell me how they went for 800+ . I had already bought one 2 days before for 430 brand new with no box. 4 days later I bought another one $540 on here. Keep your post up. What will happen is someone will buy the rifle with out the ability to buy the scope. They will run out of money and want to unload the coupon. Someone will get a good deal. I would be willing to pay $250 for that coupon myself. If you got the 243 you would get the gun for 200

Yeah I’m looking to get one of these scopes as well. I wouldn’t mind buying the coupon as well in case someone is interested in selling.

The coupon won't work if the personal info for the scope shipment doesn't match the uploaded proof of rifle purchase. They have someone matching them up by hand.

So selling coupons isn't going to work...

Sold the m18 locally a few days ago, may end up selling the zp5 as while the glass is great it’s about the size of the Hubble and a little heavy for the hunting rig.

So out of curiosity, can you only use the coupon directly from minox or can you use the coupon at any vendor?

So I guess the vendors must be PISSED TFO. Kind of crushing their sales and devaluing whatever they bought for inventory which was probably 75 to 80% of list.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Probably, bet I also bet they will sell a bunch of scopes next year after everyone starts talking about these

So I guess the vendors must be PISSED TFO. Kind of crushing their sales and devaluing whatever they bought for inventory which was probably 75 to 80% of list.

Not to mention, previous purchasers of said ZP5's.........thanks for nothing. :rolleyes: :mad:

Too bad they decided to undermine their brand in this manner. It's a good scope, excellent glass. Too bad that the manufacturer has turned into the buyer's worst enemy.

Hope that ZCO has figured out to not pull this same shit. $3,600.00 is a lot of dough to take a 40% hit on, just because some marketing Nancy wants to improve his quarterly sales figures.

Signed,

Pretty chafed ZP5 early adaptor.......

ZCO prices aren't going anywhere. While i agree it sucks for vendors and if you need to sale, it is a way to do exactly what they're doing. Get them out there. TBH while this doesn't just excuse them the used market is in the shitter right now less you have a ZCO or TT. Before the Mauser deal i was watching ZP5s going for as low as $2300. For whatever reason the ZP5 doesn't have the perception of a top tier optic on the used market and that, i'm assuming is due to early QC issues. I will say there should be nowhere near the variance from turret to turret between my two optics in something that is going retail for $2800-3000. If i blind folded you and let you turn the turrets you'd think they were two different optics.

ZCO prices aren't going anywhere. While i agree it sucks for vendors and if you need to sale, it is a way to do exactly what they're doing. Get them out there. TBH while this doesn't just excuse them the used market is in the shitter right now less you have a ZCO or TT. Before the Mauser deal i was watching ZP5s going for as low as $2300. For whatever reason the ZP5 doesn't have the perception of a top tier optic on the used market and that, i'm assuming is due to early QC issues. I will say there should be nowhere near the variance from turret to turret between my two optics in something that is going retail for $2800-3000. If i blind folded you and let you turn the turrets you'd think they were two different optics.

Will,

Which two optics/models are you talking about in your last statement?

Will,

Which two optics/models are you talking about in your last statement?

Tangent Theta and Zero Compromise. TT being the market leader in about every aspect with the exception of weight and ZCO being the newest kid on the block to insert itself day one between TT and the ZP5 for $1000 less than TT.

If i had money to blow and were dropping $3000 on an optic it would without question go to ZCO and what i should've done two years ago, when i found out Jeff and Nick were developing a new optic. I thought i'd stick with what i knew, that there would be growing pains for a new company and turns out kahles fielded a pretty limiting design on their move to a 5x erector. Hindsight is 20/20 though it's hard to complain having ZP5s right now and not having spent any more money to move optics for once.

That said if the new ZP5 i received is indication of what is coming out of the factory on a regular basis it's impossible to beat right now for the money. Idk if is, cause Jmcmath's turrets reminded me of my current ZP5, mushy. I sent a video of the new ZP5 turrets to CStroud who i traded the k318i for his Minox and he was shocked. You can hear it in the video. Vastly different. If Minox can field every turret like the one i just received there is little to knock on this optic compared to TT, ZCO, and S&B. Granted i haven't messed with TT yet, but have with just about every other one.

Reactions: stello1001
For anyone interested in a sunshade or ARD for the ZP5 5-25, the Steiner M5Xi 56mm sunshade/ARD fits perfectly and actually matches the finish of the ZP5 better than it does the M5Xi. Pictured is the sunshade.
327ED4CE-42CD-4305-B341-B1AA2EA3C0F6.jpeg
7E14C51B-9B3C-4012-A3FB-24BED1BCD5E6.jpeg

For anyone interested in a sunshade or ARD for the ZP5 5-25, the Steiner M5Xi 56mm sunshade/ARD fits perfectly and actually matches the finish of the ZP5 better than it does the M5Xi. Pictured is the sunshade.View attachment 7139757View attachment 7139758
I paid 60 for a Kahles sunshade that should fit the Minox but the finish does not match. I'll be home either tonight or tomorrow to confirm this. How much did you get your Steiner shade for?

I paid 60 for a Kahles sunshade that should fit the Minox but the finish does not match. I'll be home either tonight or tomorrow to confirm this. How much did you get your Steiner shade for?
I got it from OpticsPlanet for 69.15 after a 5% off coupon. Regularly 72.79. Bought one for each of my M7Xi’s and M5Xi. Just happened to fit the ZP5 perfectly.

Is there anybody with certainty on which sunshade will fit a ZP5 3-15x50? I bought the 50mm sunshade from Kahles hoping it would fit my scope but did not. I know the 56mm from Steiner and kahles will work on the ZP5 5-25x56 for sure since others are already using them like that.

How did you guys get your coupon codes? Was it emailed or did it come with the rifle?

Is there anybody with certainty on which sunshade will fit a ZP5 3-15x50? I bought the 50mm sunshade from Kahles hoping it would fit my scope but did not. I know the 56mm from Steiner and kahles will work on the ZP5 5-25x56 for sure since others are already using them like that.

Schmidt and Bender’s will work on the 50mm.

How did you guys get your coupon codes? Was it emailed or did it come with the rifle?

It’s emailed. You have to provide certain details to Minox including certain pics of the rifle box. Once they validate the purchase they email you a coupon code.

Anyone near NE Ohio with a ZP5 that i can look through? I need a scope for my Vudoo and was waiting on the NX8 4-32 Mil XT. This scope would be essentially the same cost.

Anyone near NE Ohio with a ZP5 that i can look through? I need a scope for my Vudoo and was waiting on the NX8 4-32 Mil XT. This scope would be essentially the same cost.

I am thinking about the ZP5 on a 22 as well for a 22 but am a bit concerned that it doesn’t focus down to 25yds. Anyone try to use one of these at 25yds?

Im just now finding out about this deal and it appears it is still valid. I dont need one of these rifles but i could definitely use a good deal on a quality optic. The question i have is, what caliber of rifle do you guys think would be the easiest to resell ? If i do decide to keep one it will be a dedicated hunting rifle and I'm thinking to go with 7mm or the 300wm. However i would rather sell it to recoup the cost for the optic and would prefer to get rid of it if i can. I know nothing about 6.5prc and am thinking either the 308 or 6.5cm would be the easiest to sell, what does the hide braintrust think ?

Im just now finding out about this deal and it appears it is still valid. I dont need one of these rifles but i could definitely use a good deal on a quality optic. The question i have is, what caliber of rifle do you guys think would be the easiest to resell ? If i do decide to keep one it will be a dedicated hunting rifle and I'm thinking to go with 7mm or the 300wm. However i would rather sell it to recoup the cost for the optic and would prefer to get rid of it if i can. I know nothing about 6.5prc and am thinking either the 308 or 6.5cm would be the easiest to sell, what does the hide braintrust think ?

7mm will always be a popular hunting round. 300wm too, but in my anecdotal observations I see more 7mm mag in the field than 300wm. I’m sure you could sell either easily.

I personally bought the 6.5prc. Seems to be picking up a lot of steam. I’m keeping mine though. Gonna make my boys a nice hunting rifle.

Reactions: el-wood
I went with the .243. Aside from being the cheapest for whatever reason, it would be a good caliber for a youth shooter. Lots of people buying rifles for their kids.

I went with the .243. Aside from being the cheapest for whatever reason, it would be a good caliber for a youth shooter. Lots of people buying rifles for their kids.

I did .243 as well. I have a 27 cal (my .270) and a 26 cal (my 6.5CM) so I figured why not go for a .243. My plan is to sell it but if I have trouble finding a buyer, I'll have something different.

anyone else buying the minox 3-18 as a scope? I want something for my lmt mws, and 5-25 is overkill.

Also with the 3-18, the MR4 reticle is sold out.

anyone else buying the minox 3-18 as a scope? I want something for my lmt mws, and 5-25 is overkill.

Also with the 3-18, the MR4 reticle is sold out.
You mean 3-15?

I don’t think they ever put the MR4 in the 3-15.

Then 243 it is. It’ll do the job for deer hunting. I am placing my order tonight and I’ll get the 3-15 optic

Just ordered the .243. Now I’ll need to ponder scopes. The 3-15 will suit my Lmt mws better, but I want to get the most bang for my buck. Would the value of the 5-25 be higher than the 3-15 on the used market? I also prefer the mr4 reticle over the 5

Last edited:
Just ordered the .243. Now I’ll need to ponder scopes. The 3-15 with suit my Lmt mws better but I want to get the most bang for my buck. Would the value of the 5-25 be higher than the 3-15 on the used market? I also prefer the mr4 reticle over the 5
Rarely see any 3-15's on the used market so it's hard to say. The 5-25 is the more "in" mag range, and known entity, but the rarity of a 3-15 may command a little higher price.

In case anyone cares, you can use it on any of their devices. I just got to zp5's and spoke with the lady, once I get my coupon I am waiting on I am buying there straight spotter 80 with the reticle in it.

I doubt anyone is going to pay as much for a 3-15 used as I am kind of interested in the 1-8 though its not listed on their web, but they told me they would sell me one for $3,798.00 so half off that is $1,899. If some one is interested in selling a rifle for $200 I would buy that.

I doubt anyone is going to pay as much for a 3-15 used as I am kind of interested in the 1-8 though its not listed on their web, but they told me they would sell me one for $3,798.00 so half off that is $1,899. If some one is interested in selling a rifle for $200 I would buy that.

yeah i think you are right on that, i should probably go with the 5-25.

With regards to their 1-8, $3798 seems really high. I owned one of those in the past, it came with a canted reticle, and minox replaced it with a new one. It was decent glass, and i like how it changed from first to second focal plane, but in my opinion that scope is not worth anything near $3,798. The construction and quality of the scope is not in the same league as the schmidt bender 1-8.

Last edited:
Just ordered one in .243. Hopefully they'll email me a picture so i can get a 5-25 ordered. If not it'll just have to wait till next week.

Just ordered mine in .308 on the recommendation of my LGS for best chance at quick resale. What are those of you who are turning the rifles right back around and selling them asking for $$?

59C5D365-9C9D-4302-9D3F-746D1842E2A1.jpeg
12ED0477-E57F-4070-A6B9-A99F8927E9E0.jpeg

need some advices here.

I ordered 308 as well based on my FFL’s recommendation for quick sale. It is still in his store. I did the paperwork and am waiting for 10 days (Kalifornia).

He sent me some pics and I saw the gun myself later. The bolt has a lot of wear and started to get shiny. See pic.

I was going to sell it directly from the FFL as NEW gun but now not sure I would say “NEW”. Don’t want to hurt my reputation.

My question is does this look new? Or unfired demo that is handled a lot? What does your look like.