• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

Love my 5-25 MR4, so I finally caved and ordered the .243 M18. Going to see what Cabelas will give me for it, otherwise I'll throw a cheapo scope on it and use it for deer/coyotes.

Reactions: ChadL
@Hoyt7mm Your better off throwing that thing on Armslist. You will get a lot more money. Or simply walk around a gun show. I have bought two coupons on here. One for 200 and one for 250 worth not having the hassle of having to send a gun to an FFL.

From what I can tell, Minox honors the code unless it’s been used.

It’s just like any other coupon that doesn’t not seem to be tied to a specific person or serial number.

I literally just purchased a code from @lennyo3034 and processed the purchase of an MD 80 ZR. You can transfer the code and it works.

I currently have (2) 5x25 mr4 scopes on the way and the MD 80ZR.

Looks new. Mine looked the same, made a weird zipper noise when cycling the bolt. My bolt face had the case head stamp embedded in the grease that was all over the bolt face too. I'm sure they cycle these things a little bit before they leave the factory.
If is new, it wears too fast.
Honestly looks worse then my $150 T/C compass and that one has ~250 rounds on it...

Reactions: Ericsl2
Looks like all the 5-25s with MR4 are sold out. Anyone talk to Minox and see when they'll be available again?

Figures, my rifle just arrived at my FFL today.

Hopefully soon. Less than two months till whitetail season.

Ya, unfortunately I have a feeling its gonna be a good back log. Maybe not but I feel like there's a lot of people trying to get their hands on these and you always have the guys that have to get 3 or 4 of them just because lol

I'm glad I went ahead and ordered mine, I received my 5-25 MR4 yesterday. Shot it today, the glass is insane, best I have seen. I want a 3-15 for a hunting gun now.

Does anyone know when the code expires? How long you have to use the code once you receive it?

Last edited:
I highly doubt Minox is updating the ZP5 anytime soon. Your purchase is safe though you need to realize this deal will affect resale value of ZP5 ‘s for a while. Makes me wonder if Minox can do this, are they losing money? If not, how much markup are on these (alpha class) scopes.

The 3-15 is crazy good also. If I was getting in on the deal I would buy another 3-15. While the mr4 5-25 is really good, for any hunting gun, gas gun, or general purpose 1000 yard rifle, the 3-15 is one of the best in class. Only second to the TT 3-15P.

Reactions: psychosniper
The 3-15 is crazy good also. If I was getting in on the deal I would buy another 3-15. While the mr4 5-25 is really good, for any hunting gun, gas gun, or general purpose 1000 yard rifle, the 3-15 is one of the best in class. Only second to the TT 3-15P.

That's exactly the one I bought for that exact purpose. I hunt with my rifle as well as shoot paper or steel whenever I can...

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Hopefully minox didnt do this promotion to unload stock, then release an updated zp5 in January.

I hope so. The newly updated scope will be more money. And for 1725 delivered these scopes are a steal. Even with the gun, they are still less than Europtic buy 800 dollars. These are screaming deals. I also glad I received their spoting scope.

Reactions: DellaDog
I just noticed that not only is the MR4 sold out but they don't even have it as an option on the 5-25 any more. The MR5 is in stock and the MR10+ is out of stock.

No one pays attention to anything. They did the same thing last week with the 3-15 back in stock less than 48 hours later. There is not going to be a big rush, and they will have them in stock. No need to panic.

How have the new ones been in regards to turrets? Is there any play at all, even minimal, between clicks like the older ones had? I did get to dial a new minox, clicks were much better than the old ones, but I didn't check for the slight play in the turrets like the old ones

My new one from the Mauser deal is leaps and bounds better than the older one i traded for.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
Not much play but at 14 mil of the first rev it is harder to dial . Once pass that one mil to 0 of second rev it goes back to normal.

The elevation turret on mine is great with the exception of the transition of going from first revolution to second. It's about 10 clicks give or take so around a complete mil of it becoming very tense and a lot harder to adjust. Once I come out of there, it's back to normal and I like it again. However, if I ever did have to dial a certain amount that would put me within that transitional area, it would be very difficult to accurately end up where I needed to because it's hard to get it to stop at exact "clicks" or exact tenths. Another thing I noticed on mine, sometimes the hash marks don't line up exactly with the indicator so it's slightly off. This isn't just in that transitional area I speak of, but more of a general thing across the entire adjustment range. This is my first ever jump or step up to "alpha" glass and I believe my elevation turret should have been slightly better because I've had much cheaper scopes with way better dials. The actual "defect" or mechanism of the elevation turret in itself does not bother me and I can get away with. It's the fact that this is happening on a scope that retails for over 3 grand, that doesn't sit very well with me. Aside from that, it seems very well built but have not had a chance to mount it up.

Basically same as what I said above but thank you for much detailed and accurate description.

I don’t have a gun to mount mine either, but I took it out once and put it in sand bags in order to compare it with my Razor and NF 7-35 out to 1000~1450 yards. The glass is fantastic and superior to those two. And NF glass is better then my Razor. My personal observations. Don’t be offended Vortex and NF fans, I am a Vortex and NF owner too. Just ordered another Razor to replace my old one which is going to PX soon.

The elevation turret on mine is great with the exception of the transition of going from first revolution to second. It's about 10 clicks give or take so around a complete mil of it becoming very tense and a lot harder to adjust. Once I come out of there, it's back to normal and I like it again. However, if I ever did have to dial a certain amount that would put me within that transitional area, it would be very difficult to accurately end up where I needed to because it's hard to get it to stop at exact "clicks" or exact tenths. Another thing I noticed on mine, sometimes the hash marks don't line up exactly with the indicator so it's slightly off. This isn't just in that transitional area I speak of, but more of a general thing across the entire adjustment range. This is my first ever jump or step up to "alpha" glass and I believe my elevation turret should have been slightly better because I've had much cheaper scopes with way better dials. The actual "defect" or mechanism of the elevation turret in itself does not bother me and I can get away with. It's the fact that this is happening on a scope that retails for over 3 grand, that doesn't sit very well with me. Aside from that, it seems very well built but have not had a chance to mount it up.

Last edited:
I wish they could get that slop out of there. Doesn't look as bad as an older one I had but it would cause the elevation hashes to not line up depending on dialing up or down. And no it wasn't from improperly setting zero stop. Clicks seem much more defined at least
Maybe I'm not understanding, my ZP5 has a bit of "play"; however, the click is always on the hash mark, I've never had an issue where the clicks landed the turret in between hash marks. That is something I can live with, it's when turrets get misaligned and no longer line up with the hash marks that can be an issue.

Turrets on my new one i would rate pretty high. On my older model they're kind of meh and after so many Mil they stop lining up, i've got a new cap though. Feel wise the newer one is leaps and bounds over the older model. Then resistance from click to click and the detent feel is very adequate. Still prefer ATACR turrets or Kahles. Kahles are still my favorite right with the ZCO i felt.

Turrets on my new one i would rate pretty high. On my older model they're kind of meh and after so many Mil they stop lining up, i've got a new cap though. Feel wise the newer one is leaps and bounds over the older model. Then resistance from click to click and the detent feel is very adequate. Still prefer ATACR turrets or Kahles. Kahles are still my favorite right with the ZCO i felt.

Do you not have your elevation turret become pretty darn stiff right when you transition from first revolution to second rev?

Yeah it does on both of em, that's just the ZP5 though.

Gotcha, I've dialed like hell my elevation turret and it seems to have gotten slightly better. I figured that's just the way the mechanism is on these scopes but wasn't too sure.
Thanks...

Finally mounted the scope for position fitting to get proper eye relief, etc. Off to paint tomorrow in order to match barreled action...

20190908_185952.jpg

Turret slightly off

IMG_20190908_181143_390.jpg

Slight notch done to scope caps

IMG_20190908_174615_459.jpg

Can't wait to see it colormatched...

^^^ So if you loosen the screws to reset zero and you align the hash mark and then tighten the screws again, will it still stray off the hash mark?

Have not zeroed or attempted to do that but I am hoping that will be the fix. However, there are places where it lines up pretty close and places like shown in the picture...

Allegedly Minox had some turret caps get "mislabeled/engraved" and that leads to the marks not lining up. I have no idea of when, or what serial numbers could've been effected, and I'm not saying that is what everyone is experiencing. I contacted the vendor I purchased the scope from and he sent a new turret cap the next day. That reminds me @5RWill , you need to come get this damn cap before I lose it. lol

Reactions: 5RWill
Just received the Minox.
I currently have the ZCO 5-27, a March 5-40x56 & 3-24x52 and recently sold a Kahles 5-25.

The turrets on the Minox are every bit as good as all three, in fact, they are closer to the distinct, tight clicks of the March than the wider pronounced “clacks” of the ZCO.

The reticle definitely surpasses the March FML1 & is as well laid out as the ZCO. The turret caps align perfectly at every setting, and I mean perfectly. There is definitely a pronounced “stiffness” transitioning through the first elevation rev, but you can tell it’s intentional. It quickly returns to normal as you pass thru the first rev.

Looking forward to taking it out to 2K this weekend, but it’s obvious the glass is superb.

With the discount, the scope is an incredible buy.
I’ll get another if I find a coupon.

(Side note: I’ll never purchase rings other than ARC, they make it sooo much easier to mount a scope without fighting the screws.)

Last edited:
Just received the Minox.
I currently have the ZCO 5-27, a March 5-40x56 & 3-24x52 and recently sold a Kahles 5-25.

The turrets on the Minox are every bit as good as all three, in fact, they are closer to the distinct, tight clicks of the March than the wider pronounced “clacks” of the ZCO.

The reticle definitely surpasses the March FML1 & is as well laid out as the ZCO. The turret caps align perfectly at every setting, and I mean perfectly. There is definitely a pronounced “stiffness” transitioning through the first elevation rev, but you can tell it’s intentional. It quickly returns to normal as you pass thru the first rev.

Looking forward to taking it out to 2K this weekend, but it’s obvious the glass is superb.

With the discount, the scope is an incredible buy.
I’ll get another if I find a coupon.

(Side note: I’ll never purchase rings other than ARC, they make it sooo much easier to mount a scope without fighting the screws.)
Have you dialed pass rev 1? You don't feel anything?

I think that's exactly what he is describing on his 3rd paragraph on the 3rd sentence...
You are right. I am blind.

I guess it might be useful in some situations like dial in the dark? Or may be multi tasking when dial > 1 rev? If you dial more than 1 rev, you can definitely dial without looking and do something else then come back when you feel that stiff spot.