• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

giphy.gif

Reactions: spife7980
and it's back....just ordered one. i had to email them directly to make sure they put it back in stock. Bottom line, if you are buying the scope, and the mr4 is not in stock, just call them up, and they'll most likely get it on.

Just got my 5-25 MR4 in a few minutes ago. My elevation came set on 0(15, middle of the entire revolution range/start of second rev). What im noticing is that depending on which direction you're turning the turret is can be slightly off both directions.

Disclaimer: Not exactly cherry to long range shooting, but by no means do i consider myself close to pro when it comes to optics). These are just my observations of an unmounted scope that has not been shot with yet.

Example: Mine came set on 15 (large 0, middle of the adjustment range and start of the second rev). When turning counter clockwise going from 15 up, all the detents stop slightly long of the marks on the turrets. Once i get to 20 it lands in the middle then by 22 i notice its starting to land just short of the mark. If i start going back clockwise to 15 the marks are slightly off until i get 20 then they're spot on all the way back to 15.

Example 2: Now say i'm starting on 15 and go to 22 again. Same thing happens. If i go back to say 17, then back to 18 it can be off again. Going back and forth without going all the way back to a baseline (hypothetical zero) can throw off the marks.

It appears its more of a play issue than incorrectly printed marks to me.

Just got my 5-25 MR4 in a few minutes ago. My elevation came set on 0(15, middle of the entire revolution range/start of second rev). What im noticing is that depending on which direction you're turning the turret is can be slightly off both directions.

Disclaimer: Not exactly cherry to long range shooting, but by no means do i consider myself close to pro when it comes to optics). These are just my observations of an unmounted scope that has not been shot with yet.

Example: Mine came set on 15 (large 0, middle of the adjustment range and start of the second rev). When turning counter clockwise going from 15 up, all the detents stop slightly long of the marks on the turrets. Once i get to 20 it lands in the middle then by 22 i notice its starting to land just short of the mark. If i start going back clockwise to 15 the marks are slightly off until i get 20 then they're spot on all the way back to 15.

Example 2: Now say i'm starting on 15 and go to 22 again. Same thing happens. If i go back to say 17, then back to 18 it can be off again. Going back and forth without going all the way back to a baseline (hypothetical zero) can throw off the marks.

It appears its more of a play issue than incorrectly printed marks to me.

Dial it to 10 mils. Loosen screws. Dial to zero. Tighten screws. (Simulating your setting your zero) Now what happens? I had one that once I set the zero and lined it up perfect it was spot on, but out of the box it was a little weird.

Dial it to 10 mils. Loosen screws. Dial to zero. Tighten screws. (Simulating your setting your zero) Now what happens? I had one that once I set the zero and lined it up perfect it was spot on, but out of the box it was a little weird.

Going to 10mils and adjusting "zero" didn't change anything. I did go to max (28 mils) and reset the 28 mark there and it helped. They are still slightly off in that they now favor the far edge (depending on direction of travel) of the heavy full values instead of being completely off mark.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I finally got my ZP5 MR4 ordered. I kept having to remind myself how much money I was saving because that process was a pain in the ass. Buying a rifle I dont want and need to resell, then all kinds of mix ups with my card company blocking purchases and my code expiring. I finally just called them directly and ordered......BUT its done and I expect new scope by next week. Based on everything I've heard and read I am in for a treat with this optic.

Last edited:
I finally got my ZP5 MR4 ordered. I kept having to reminding myself how much money I was saving because that process was a pain in the ass. Buying a rifle I dont want and need to resell, then all kinds of mix ups with my card company blocking purchases and my code expiring. I finally just called them directly and purchasing......BUT its done and I expect new scope by next week. Based on everything I've heard and read I am in for a treat with this optic.

When you open the box and look through the scope for first time you'll instantly forget all the b.s, you went through. I had similar card issues. I think I went through 4 codes before it worked. It's sooooooo worth it though.

Reactions: 1NDY
You made a good choice, the zp5 is amazing
Thanks! This is my first high end optic. I spent months researching NF, Vortex, Leupold, Kahles etc and then saw the post about the discount on this scope here on SH and knew it was going to be better than anything else in my price range. Cant wait to get it mounted and get shooting.

Thanks to all the good people here on the Hide for answering noob questions and putting out great information.

The real question is... Who wants to buy a nib m18 hahaha. Might just keep it as a back up hunting rifle, because every year someone shows up to camp and needs a rifle

I seem to have done something wrong. I can not figure out for the life of me, how to get the proper elevation out of this. I got the optic played with it. I know, I know, but it is what it is. I can not get more than 17mils of elevation. I am running a Tikka zero cant rail, with a sphur 30 moa attached on it. I have run SB and Nightforce on it and gotten 22-24 mils elevation. THis with 30 moa I am getting 17. I am doing something wrong. Anyone got any ideas.

I am on the first rev. I have negative .5 elevation in the turret. I can turn the turret one full turn activating both the white dot indicator and the More tactile feel in the turret. I can then turn the turret to 17.1 .......... No way this is right, with a 30 moa cant I should be in the 22-23 mil range with easy.

I am on the first rev. I have negative .5 elevation in the turret. I can turn the turret one full turn activating both the white dot indicator and the More tactile feel in the turret. I can then turn the turret to 17.1 .......... No way this is right, with a 30 moa cant I should be in the 22-23 mil range with easy.

Mine did the exact same thing as yours. As Eric mentioned there is a section in the manual that addresses this. You need to remove the elevation cap and adjust the cylinder position in order to get 28 miles. The manual shows what position the cylinder needs to be in.

Dial up to the top, loosen the screws, dial up to whatever you think you should have left, tighten screws, rezero, reset turret.

You have more travel available you just have to move the turret up, not that you'll ever need 17 Mils of elevation but ??‍♂️

So i was able to get it to complete two full revs giving me 28 mils of adjustment. The problem is I am still 9 to 10 mils over my target. I should only be about 5 mils. off. I am running a 30 moa rail. Also I shoot 2-3 times a month or more at thunder valley. Typically I need 22-23 mils depending on up draft to shoot at 1 mile. Which we do all the time. SO yes I need the mils. @LawnMM thanks I will try that.

What does 9 Mils over your target mean?

If you center the turret at 14 Mils and ~9 for the 30 moa/9 mil base you're at about 23 available for elevation assuming your barrel is perfectly straight.

How much up have you got from zero?

That is my issue when I bottom the turret to zero, I am shooting 9mils above the target. So when I dial up to zero the rifle, I am having to dial nine mils. Since the scope has 28 mils adjustment I am getting about 19 mils of elevation. I thought I should be around 22-23. I figure out the problem, it not my Atacr with 35 mils elevation. I am loosing about 3.5 mils. I will just have to deal with it.

Try a tall target test and verify that it's tracking correctly.

I wouldn't deal with anything, figure out what's going on.

Reactions: kai24
So, for those of you who've gone through the process, I am thinking about picking up another ZP5; however, I do not need the Mauser, so how are you buying the Mauser from a dealer but then turning right around and selling it to another person without the hassle and taking possession from your FFL? Do you have to have an FFL that is willing to hold onto it until you sell it, is that the key? How do you go about getting the proper information in order to qualify for the 50% off coupon from Minox. If someone can give the step by step for this old guy, I'd appreciate that.

So, for those of you who've gone through the process, I am thinking about picking up another ZP5; however, I do not need the Mauser, so how are you buying the Mauser from a dealer but then turning right around and selling it to another person without the hassle and taking possession from your FFL? Do you have to have an FFL that is willing to hold onto it until you sell it, is that the key? How do you go about getting the proper information in order to qualify for the 50% off coupon from Minox. If someone can give the step by step for this old guy, I'd appreciate that.

I transferred it from the FFL guy to myself. He hardly charges anything for an online purchase transfer, I got the info I needed for the coupon then I put it on consignment for 50$ more than I paid for it at his shop and it was gone within a few days and I actually made a few bucks off of it. The trick is buy a common caliber most, shoot it once a year type hunters are familiar with. 243, 308, 270, 3006. Mine was a 243 as it was the cheapest option at the time and a very easy sell.

Hope that helps a bit

Reactions: DellaDog
I threw mine on GunBroker for $350 and it was sold in a couple hours. Most people do a Google search and see it's retailing at most places for 600-800 still. I know a lot of people are selling the codes if you want to avoid the headache.

I threw mine on GunBroker for $350 and it was sold in a couple hours. Most people do a Google search and see it's retailing at most places for 600-800 still. I know a lot of people are selling the codes if you want to avoid the headache.
For some reason the search feature doesn't allow keywords anymore in the optics buy and sell so its hard to find anything. I have not seen anyone selling codes, how much are they asking?

If it's a decent chunk it makes more sense to just buy and sell the rifle maybe make a few bucks off it and get the code for free.

Reactions: Glassaholic
The 5-25 no longer shows on the Minox USA web page. I wonder if they are out of stock or gone.... I guess I was to late to this deal

The 5-25 no longer shows on the Minox USA web page. I wonder if they are out of stock or gone.... I guess I was to late to this deal
No need to be too concerned, this has happened before and they will usually show up a few days later. Minox-USA seems to be very on top of the stock issues

Reactions: taterdotz
No need to be too concerned, this has happened before and they will usually show up a few days later. Minox-USA seems to be very on top of the stock issues
Good to know.

I ordered a 6.5 cm, it should be easier to move locally. As soon as it gets here it is on consignment and hitting gun broker.

As long as they are back in stock by december I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Submitted my documents last night, I'm expecting a reply Monday but would be a nice surprise if they send me a code this weekend.

For those of you who got folks at Eurooptic to send a pic, how did you go about that? Did you reply to their email, send a separate email, call a particular person, etc? Normally I would leave them alone and wait, but I'm trying to get the scope in before leaving for a week of training on Sunday.

For those of you who got folks at Eurooptic to send a pic, how did you go about that? Did you reply to their email, send a separate email, call a particular person, etc? Normally I would leave them alone and wait, but I'm trying to get the scope in before leaving for a week of training on Sunday.
Well.... the only scope instock on the Minox site is the 3-15 right now

Fantastic...hopefully the ZP8 gets back in stock quickly like they seem to have been doing in the past.

Checked the website this morning, only the 3-15x50 with MR5 shows in stock and now they have this note in Red
The ZP 5 5-25x56 with the MR4 reticle is being manufactured just for you, and will be available by mid-November. Call us to reserve yours now!

I have put this off for weeks, and finally decided to go for it, of course they would be delayed to November now (they were in stock less than a week ago!), seems to be my luck this year :(

Might be selling one of mine very soon if i can't get the SN-3 sold. One tracking NV right now.

Received and used my Zp5 with Mr4. From the first test it has ran well. It tracked identical to my mk5. The glass is phenomenal and it tracks very well. The turrets have a very small amount of play, but you can tell where you are. I liked the mk5 turrets better, but that is where the comparison ends.
This is a ridiculously good deal on a badass scope. The turret issue is more of an inconvenience than hindrance. Spotting splash because of the better reticle/ glass is very nice (mk 5 has a h59)

Reactions: Glassaholic

For others that my have the same question.

I just got off the phone with Eurooptic and they said they aren't taking pictures of the boxes for folks anymore. Not only was it taking a decent amount of work for them each time, but some jackwagons were ordering rifles, asking for pictures, and then canceling the order. They'd use the coupon code which was then screwing over the next person who was actually buying the rifle because that SN would have already been used for a coupon.

but some jackwagons were ordering rifles, asking for pictures, and then canceling the order. They'd use the coupon code which was then screwing over the next person who was actually buying the rifle because that SN would have already been used for a coupon.

What a piece of shit

Reactions: Terp00 and 5RWill
Checked the website this morning, only the 3-15x50 with MR5 shows in stock and now they have this note in Red

I have put this off for weeks, and finally decided to go for it, of course they would be delayed to November now (they were in stock less than a week ago!), seems to be my luck this year :(
Guess I'll make the call and hold 2.

Put in my order for a ZP5 5-25x56 with MR4 by calling (210) 377-2527, very pleasant representative took my order and my code and they took my payment over the phone. Said they hope to get the ZP5's sooner but expect them by mid-November as a safe estimate. Now to figure out a scope to use in the interim...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunnuh and 260284
Put in my order for a ZP5 5-25x56 with MR4 by calling (210) 377-2527, very pleasant representative took my order and my code. Said they hope to get the ZP5's sooner but expect them by mid-November as a safe estimate. Now to figure out a scope to use in the interim...
Did they take payment over the phone?

I second what @wjm308 said about their great CS. When I ordered mine a few weeks back I had an issue with the coupon code (it wouldn't work with my account I created on the minox-usa website, I had to check out as a guest for it to work). But I called them, someone picked up right away, they were super nice and helpful and had it fixed in a few min. I would recommend anyone that has an issue or wants info to just call them. If I recall correctly, there wasn't even a menu system, I'm pretty sure I called and someone picked up after a ring or 2.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but does the 50% cert expire at the end of the year?

Says Dec 31, 2019.

*That's when the promotion ends, not sure about the certs themselves.

I will buy one of the rifles soon for the cert, just wondering how long the cert is good for. I have a call in to Minox.