• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

Just finished a day at the range today alternating between the ZCO 5-27 MPCT2 and the Minox 5-25. IMO, to my eyes, glass wise, the Minox is every bit as good as the ZCO. In fact, at the end of the day I’d say I actually preferred getting behind the Minox more.

Past 12-1300 yards, viewing 1-2 MOA target impacts was easier, more discernible and clear with the Minox. I found myself wanting to tweak the parallax knob a tad on the ZCO, though you’re already at infinity. The Minox reticle seems a tad thinner overall. When switching to the ZCO I felt the reticle consumed, blocked, hid more of the target. Again, tougher to find impacts.

All this is just my opinion, but I really like the Minox. I just wish it were an inch or two shorter.
Oh, and I’ll take a coupon as well if anyone has one.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the MD 80ZR compares to a spotter like the Hendsolt?

I am torn between getting a second 5-25 or a spotter.

If I get the second 5-25 I'll be deciding between the MD80zr and the Kowa 883

If you read through this, The MD80zR is the best thing to buy with a coupon. I absolutely love mine. At twilight looking through it, it looks like daylight.

For those asking about the 5-25 MR4 OOS, you just need to call Minox and order. They will charge you when your scope ships, but they will honor the 50% discount even after the new year as long as the order is placed prior.

I have looked through anything you could name. I also have Minox, Zeiss. Nightforce, Schmidt and Bender, Khalses Vortex Razor at some point and time through the years. I can see 4-inch sporting clays and rounds hitting around it at 1 mile. For the price, if you get the coupon you will never own a better spotter for the money.

I talked to Minox today and was told that twenty-five 5-25 MR4 ZP5 units are headed to the US this week.

I have looked through anything you could name. I also have Minox, Zeiss. Nightforce, Schmidt and Bender, Khalses Vortex Razor at some point and time through the years. I can see 4-inch sporting clays and rounds hitting around it at 1 mile. For the price, if you get the coupon you will never own a better spotter for the money.
I am so torn between spotter or saving up for a kowa 883

Just finished a day at the range today alternating between the ZCO 5-27 MPCT2 and the Minox 5-25. IMO, to my eyes, glass wise, the Minox is every bit as good as the ZCO. In fact, at the end of the day I’d say I actually preferred getting behind the Minox more.

Past 12-1300 yards, viewing 1-2 MOA target impacts was easier, more discernible and clear with the Minox. I found myself wanting to tweak the parallax knob a tad on the ZCO, though you’re already at infinity. The Minox reticle seems a tad thinner overall. When switching to the ZCO I felt the reticle consumed, blocked, hid more of the target. Again, tougher to find impacts.

All this is just my opinion, but I really like the Minox. I just wish it were an inch or two shorter.
Oh, and I’ll take a coupon as well if anyone has one.
That's very interesting, I never got the chance to fully test the ZC527 but did get a day behind the ZC420 and the Minox ZP5 3-15 (but not the 5-25). As much as I like the 3-15 I like the 5-25 a bit better. If Minox came out with a ZP5 4-20 with MR4 reticle I'd probably be all over those, but if price was close to ZCO ZC420 I might be persuaded to go that route, but I'd really like to see ZCO come out with an improved MPCT3 reticle, as I agree with you, the reticle is very thick and while I don't mind that for the main horizontal and vertical stadia lines (I actually prefer those to be thicker) I do not like it in the Christmas tree, it becomes very intrusive and that is about my only gripe at this point with the ZCO, that and the strange yellow hue toward the extreme edge of the sight picture in certain situations. Right now, for the price, I'd take (2) ZP5 5-25's for the price of (1) ZCO ZC527 (with the 50% off deal), the ZP5 gives up very little to the ZCO unless you're a turret purest - the ZCO definitely has better turrets but I've never had an issue where I couldn't dial my ZP5 accurately so they are "good enough" in my book, could be better yes, but good enough to get the job done.

Minor differences in IQ can come down to an individual's own eye, one of our guys probably has more rounds through a Minox ZP5's than probably anyone on the planet in the neighborhood of 25-30k rounds though them and is now testing ZCO's and other scopes. In his opinion the IQ is slightly better on the ZCO (though the ZP5 is excellent) to the point it's splitting hairs. That of course is only one area of many for choosing a particular scope and I don't want to muddy the waters up in this thread anymore :)

Minor differences in IQ can come down to an individual's own eye
This is very true Richard, we all have different preferences. One other factor could be how the diopter is setup, if you are looking through someone else's scope and they have not setup the diopter properly or if they have bad eyes and set up for their eyes the image can look off, at least that is what I've found in my experience. While the diopter is mostly for bringing the reticle into focus I have seen it have an affect on IQ as well which is why I try to fine tune my diopter after setting up. ILya posted a video recently on the recommended diopter setup based on his conversation with Jeff Huber at ZCO, I think this is very helpful so am posting here:

Only the LVPO is listed on the Minox USA website. No timeline on the others.

Only the LVPO is listed on the Minox USA website. No timeline on the others.
I'm not too surprised, this is a very popular deal they are offering; however, if you get the code, all you need to do is call Minox USA and order over the phone, they will honor the 50% off deal and give you an estimate on when the next batch of scopes should be shipping from Germany

I received notice that my scope was in from Germany. I ordered October 2nd.
I received notice from Minox as well, Yim was extremely pleasant to talk with and she apologized for the delay and said the scope will ship out today! Looking forward to my next ZP5!

I am interested if someone has a code they would like to sell, Pm me. I have needed a good spotter for ages and don't need another rifle at the moment.

My Zp5 is on the way.... I'm excited. Sold one of the mausers , now I just need to sell the 270.

I think I'm going with another zp5 for my second rebate.

I really debated about the spotter, but I think I'll go with a kowa 883 even though it has no reticle.

Funds wont allow me to buy another rifle for a 3rd rebate and the spotter.

My Zp5 is on the way.... I'm excited. Sold one of the mausers , now I just need to sell the 270.

I think I'm going with another zp5 for my second rebate.

I really debated about the spotter, but I think I'll go with a kowa 883 even though it has no reticle.

Funds wont allow me to buy another rifle for a 3rd rebate and the spotter.
If you haven't seen one before you're going to be pleasantly surprised. Also, are you by chance military/veteran or LE, if so, Kowa has a very nice program for those who serve.

If you haven't seen one before you're going to be pleasantly surprised. Also, are you by chance military/veteran or LE, if so, Kowa has a very nice program for those who serve.
Do you have info on this program

I called today and was told the next batch (ZP5) of 25 should ship from Germany in the next couple of weeks. At this time there are only 11 people on the backorder list. Based off of that I went ahead and jumped on board and purchased the Mauser IOT get the coupon. Here's to finally trying out a Minox!

Reactions: Glassaholic
My rifle isn’t here so I might mount it on another rifle just to go shoot it. But not this weekend. I’m out of town for a few days so maybe next weekend.

Got mine. And have been playing with it all day.

I am surprised by how long the scope is.

Now to figure out what mount I want to use.

Also... the included wrench did not fit my scopes screws . Is it not for the caps?

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Should fit the two screws per turret to adjust your zero. That’s strange they sent the wrong size Allen (Torx) wrench.

I will be getting the MD 80 ZR spotting scope, the minox site only specifies a 1/4" tripod mount on the bottom, do most of the nicer tripods come with a flat plate with 1/4" or do they have 3/8" and I will need an extra adapter? Any of you have experience with this spotter? Thanks.

Got my new ZP5 5-25x56 on Friday, wow, just as good optically as my other ZP5 (which is the best glass I've seen, maybe ZCO edges it out ever so slightly but they are neck and neck), but nice surprise, the turrets are MUCH better, almost Kahles like in feel. Glad I went the 50% off route, all in all I spent under $2000k for a brand new ZP5, crazy, the only other scope I'd want is the ZCO and I like the MR4 reticle better than the ZCO MPCT2 so at almost half the price and now better turrets, I'm happy!

Reactions: psychosniper
Same here.
I actually prefer the thickness of the MPCT2 for my eyes, but I do not like the solid lines in the Christmas Tree, the MR4's tree is usable but almost disappears when you're looking for splash and other objects within the sight picture, just very well designed.

Funny, I prefer the MR4 thickness, the MPCT2 is a tad thick for my use (target shooting) at 20 - 27x.
Different strokes.

Funny, I prefer the MR4 thickness, the MPCT2 is a tad thick for my use (target shooting) at 20 - 27x.
Different strokes.
I mostly use above 20x when doing load dev or paper punching out to about 300y, my sweet spot is probably between 15-20x most of the time and that center dot tends to get lost in contrasty situations. But my eyes have gotten worse as I've gotten older and I tend to prefer a little thicker than I used to.

Got mine. And have been playing with it all day.

I am surprised by how long the scope is.

Now to figure out what mount I want to use.

Also... the included wrench did not fit my scopes screws . Is it not for the caps?

The allen that was with mine was too small too. It takes a 2mm. I used my wrench from my Razor. I bore sighted mine on my Tikka CTR, fired 1 shot, adjusted, put 2 more next to it and was done. Really easy to zero. I decided it will be my hunting scope for rifle season this year. I do not get into the second revolution on mine though. I do have it mounted on a 20 MOA rail.

The first 3 shots below the 3" dot.

Attachments

• 20191114_161439.jpg
    20191114_161439.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191116_120004.jpg
    20191116_120004.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 70
The allen that was with mine was too small too. It takes a 2mm. I used my wrench from my Razor. I bore sighted mine on my Tikka CTR, fired 1 shot, adjusted, put 2 more next to it and was done. Really easy to zero. I decided it will be my hunting scope for rifle season this year. I do not get into the second revolution on mine though. I do have it mounted on a 20 MOA rail.
My rough math, with my 20moa base, 28 mil of adjustment and 10 mil of reticle I'll be good out to 2000yds on my 6.5creedmoor!.

Kidding....

My rough math, with my 20moa base, 28 mil of adjustment and 10 mil of reticle I'll be good out to 2000yds on my 6.5creedmoor!.

Kidding....

I definately don't need it, just wanted to see if the feel changed after the first revolution. My 20" 6.5 takes 9.5 to get to 1000. It will end up on my 22BR for matches though.