• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 50 or 80 national match course of fire

merrjm

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2011
jacksonville fl
just found out that american marksmanship academy (blakely ga.) will be holding a regional match in march using the 50 or 80 course of fire. i need some info on what this consist of. looked all over the nra site and couldnt find anything on it..

as a side note i would like to thank darrel buell for some info he gave me on loads for f-t/r.. i won a local 600yd match sat 1/21 with some info from him

Re: 50 or 80 national match course of fire

Just so you know... neither 50rd NMC or 80rd RMC are F-Class courses of fire. Strictly conventional HP XTC.

General idea goes like this for an 80rd RMC

200yd Slow Fire Standing/Offhand:
2 sighting shots, 20 shots for record, single-load only, time limit of 22 minutes. No sling or artificial support allowed.

200yd Rapid Fire Sitting (or Kneeling):
2 sighting shots fired slow-fire, i.e. pulled and marked after each. Then competitor starts in position with an unloaded gun with bolt open, magazine in hand. As the range officer gives the command, the targets start to come up out of the pit, at which time competitor inserts magazine loaded with 2 rds, fires, reloads and fires second magazine holding 8 more rounds (total of 10) in a time limit of 60 seconds at which point the targets will be pulled into the pits and scored and ran back up. After scores have been recorded, targets will be pulled down, cleaned up, and made ready for second 10 rd RF string, same as the first. Use of sling is allowed and strongly encouraged.

300yd Rapid Fire Prone:
Same thing as 200RF, except the extra distance and 70 seconds instead of 60.

600yd Slow Fire Prone:
2 sighting shots and 20 shots for record, fired slow-fire single-load only in a time limit of 22 minutes, with targets pulled and marked after each shot.

Total aggregate number of shots should be 8 sighters (2 @ each stage) and 80 record shots - hence the name 80 RMC.

A 50rd NMC is similar, except (usually) no sighters and only 10 rds each for 200SF, 200RF & 300RF, but still 20rds for 600SF.

There is a new(er) equipment class in the last couple years - Any Sight Match/Tactical Rifle - that you can try out with just about anything that goes bang if you want. You can have the bipod mounted on the gun, but you cannot use it for support per the rules.

HTH,

Monte

Re: 50 or 80 national match course of fire

anks for the info monte. i will have to call them and see if they will be doing any f class stuff