• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Today, Celia and I are married 50.

Some friends will be coming over tomorrow. Some great eats lined up.

May need to come inside, we have a monsoon going on. The number is very small, we have a lockdown going on, too, here in AZ.

Last night before going to sleep, we talked about how the day itself is less important; and that it's the years that led up to to it that have the real meaning.

Daughter and all three Grandchildren will be there.

Good day.

Celia and Greg

PS wouldn't change a thing.

May need to come inside, we have a monsoon going on. The number is very small, we have a lockdown going on, too, here in AZ.

Last night before going to sleep, we talked about how the day itself is less important; and that it's the years that led up to to it that have the real meaning.

Good day.

Celia and Greg

Congrats indeed Greg! Quite an accomplishment!
Thoughts and prayers that you enjoy many more together.
And another from Big Daddy Kane!
giphy.gif

I live about 20 min East and South of Texas Canyon, down Dragoon Rd to 191 S.

Sunsites. I come out to the end of the driveway most mornings, look left and up, and there's Cochise resting up there somewhere in the Stronghold. Best place I've ever lived, here in the High Lonesome. I keep driving past the Amerind Museum; gotta get us in there someday. From what I can tell, it's big on how the ancients managed to eke out a lifestyle here in the desert hills.

Found a new roof leak yesterday, need to recaulk the Chimney flashing. No damage, will do it soon as things dry out enough.

Thanks; all you great folks. An Orson, even; yikes!

Celia and Greg

Last edited:
I can see the lights from out on our street when it's dark, just North of us.

We navigate by it out on the quads.

Walking distance South to the VFW Post; just off Ford St, across from the Mormon Church. straight down Ford St, the power plant lights are dead center. I'm Post 9977 Adjutant.

Our oldest Granddaughter just gifted us the framed original sheet music, "A dream is a wish the heart makes".

Chokes...

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Working on it....

We are very grateful to SH.

You all are the folks who helped us hang onto our house back when Celia was in that coma for three weeks back in 2006. I was in a full-on tailspin back during that time.

We have a lot to be grateful for.

Celia and Greg

Last edited:
Congratulations...........50 years is a long time........wishing you and your wife many more.

Congratulations, that's a significant achievement in this modern day and age.

Congratulations to you and Celia. 50 is a big deal. Be sure and have fun.

I was 24, she 20. 50 have passed and now, I'm 74. You do the rest of the math.

Looking back it seems so quick. The whole family has always done everything as the family.

Good or bad; we keep on moving forward. It works.

Our Grandkids are our warders. The two oldest live with us. They do it well, and are worth the trust.

Elena is the rock, and Patrick is the same enthusiastic, energetic, rudderless kid I was at 21. He will mature; I did.

The rest we handle as things evolve. "We handle"...

Greg

Yup!

My story...

I'm stickin' to it, too.

Honest....

...And, we got married in Newark. NJ. She lived down the block two doors worth, and the Church was a hop over our common back fence. It was a vacant lot when I moved in, back in 1958. She moved in back in 1963. She had three younger Sisters, I had two Older Brothers. She was born in Zeil am Main, Germany; I was born in Valley Stream, NY. My Mom built airplanes during the War. Her Mom was the last surviving child of five.

Safford, eh?

Huge Wallyworld as I recall. I understand there's a great VA there, too.

You have anywhere to go shoot long up there? I go down to Douglas, 50mi.

Great range, but only 300 meters.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb
Many congratulations to you, Celia and Greg! I know somewhat of how you feel, as my wife and I celebrate 40 years together in two weeks. Through thick and thin, you both learn how the power if two gets you through. And I like this tidbit:
The rest we handle as things evolve. "We handle"...
One of our sayings since the kids were tots has been “Time to cope.” Meaning no matter what else is going on, our focus needs to be together at this time.

Cheers as we shall raise a glass to you two lovebirds tonight.!!

Reactions: Greg Langelius *

Good day.

Celia and Greg

That’s awsome Greg! Have a great anniversary!

Good day.

Celia and Greg

50 years and some much needed rain. Sounds like a great day. Thank you for sharing the good news.

Congratulations, to you and your bride, Greg!! Appreciate you, brother! You were one of the first to greet me on this forum when I first joined. My wife and I are celebrating 30 on Tuesday so we are always 20 behind you. From one southern AZ Hide brother to another, congratulations!! Enjoy!!

Congrats Sir, and also to your better half!

Enjoy and celebrate you both deserve it!