• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advanced Marksmanship 500 Yard Range trip

45ACP_Marine

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
So this was my third trip to the 500 yd range at Rockwall Gun Club and the bull doesn't elude me any more. . Previously I've been all around it but got it this trip. This is with a 6.5 Creedmoor Howa 1500 using a Vortex Razor HD Gen II scope and a sandman-s suppressor. Ammo was Hornady 140 Gr Match ELD.

Attachments

• photo64943.jpg
    photo64943.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 37
At 500 yards, you appear to be shooting about 1 MOA for an entire string, which is as good as anybody can get. I have also gotten fabulous groups from the ELD bullet in 6.5 CM. I recently saw a record-setting target which was at 300 yds., IIRC, and it was 20 shots in 3 inches, which is likewise 1 MOA. Howa - you don't need anything else, obviously.

That will work. Good job! Although, this is the internet, to be competitive you should have probably shot it at 200 yards and claimed 500.:rolleyes:

People seriously do that crap? How pathetic do you have to be to do that?

People seriously do that crap? How pathetic do you have to be to do that?

If you are a Tactical Rifles shill you would do that, or rather shoot at 100 and claim it was 800, how else would you get groups good enough to brag about?

You..................can't be serious..........?

Dead serious. I can't imagine someone doing that. Maybe b/c I just don't give a rats ass about what anyone thinks, so it is very foreign for me to think that people would do it.

Anyway, this is a tangent...

Dead serious. I can't imagine someone doing that. Maybe b/c I just don't give a rats ass about what anyone thinks, so it is very foreign for me to think that people would do it.

Anyway, this is a tangent...

And because like most of us you understand that the quickest way to get better is to be honest with ourselves. Not every one is like us.

Damn nice job man !!! Looks like it was a pretty calm day out there. Thanks for sharing and get out there and do it again. ;)