• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 500 yd range in MS, AL or west TN?

Wild_Man

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Mississippi
Anyone know of a range in Mississippi, Alabama or western Tennessee that is 500 yards or longer and is open to the public?

Re: 500 yd range in MS, AL or west TN?

Pascagoula DCM range goes to 1k and while not "public" has a dirt cheap membership at $100 per year. You have to qualify to use the long range side by shooting a 600yd match or checking out with a certified coach.

It is set up as a standard NRA square range with a large berm and target carriers at 600, and another small berm at 1k. Once qualified, you can use the long range side whenever you like but you must provide an RO with comms to run the short range line to ensure safety. It means you cant go shoot by yourself past 200.

Its a pretty nice place. I still shoot matches there when I can get away from work.

Pascagoula DCM has a website and a forum you can check out with all the details and rules, etc.

Sean

Check this one out. Not open to public but you can become a member. They have different type matches every weekend weather premitted open to the public. There rifle range is out to 44o yards working on 500 & 600 yards. It's a real nice place to shoot and safty is the first at the range.

http://www.scssa.org/Default.htm

If you come on over to Lousiana You can come to Lang Range Alley with a bizzilion yardline and tons of steel, I think you may can get a daypass or something but I could be wrong.Or if you can wait till we get crops out at the end of August you can venture over to North Louisiana and we can run steel to over a mile...
You have an open invitation

WildMan

My range is not open to the public but your welcome to come shoot by appointment. If you shoot from the benches out of my shooting/loading room I have nearly 800 yards...like 787. If you want to shoot prone 750 is about as far as you can go. I am in the McComb area.

I am interested in somewhere to shoot a mile+, 1400 is the longest range I can find anywhere close to me. If you find somewhere in MS please share the info.

SevenBat does longrange alley have a webpage?

Longrange alley does have a webpage, And I have a place to shoot a mile with a 48" piece of steel

Eddybo i hope you can get me invited to go with you after i get this new rifle dialed in. It should be fun to plink with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLOWWORM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eddybo i hope you can get me invited to go with you after i get this new rifle dialed in. It should be fun to plink with. </div></div>

+1 There isn't much around here that's very long. At my "range" I can stretch it out to 350 or so. I can get to 6-700 at a friends, but I don't like laying in cow shit and having to watch for the cows. It tends to break your concentration when a cow walks in front of the target.

HMMMM....got room for a couple of shooters? As soon as I get back from my PD hunt it is time for me to shoot some long range. I want to warm up my 338AM and shoot some new bullets out of a 30/338 Lapua Imp to test BCs. I suspect Glowworm is going to want to stretch the barrel on a 375CT.

eddybo,
we've talked on lrhunting about this before. I've got a private range up to a mile, and could set up for more. I prefer to shoot in the fall or winter. Once we get our crops out of the fields, I can lock our gates up and keep the farm closed. Right now I have steel hung at 600 and 900. I'm putting up a 1320 and 1760 this summer. No need to worry about cow shit. I shoot off a concrete slab at our shop.

I would not worry about the cow shit anyway. We used to dairy so I have had it squish between my toes a few times...lol Just let me know when the hay is in the barn.....I would love to come shoot.

I'm one hour from Memphis and 3.5 hours from Jackson, MS. Late Oct early Nov we will be good to go. The heat and mosquitos are too bad now anyway with all the rice we have. I'd like to see that 30-338 shoot.

See it, heck man you can drive it and anything else I bring along.
I have the utmost respect for mosquitos in the Northern part of the state. A good friend of mine from Batesville took me fishing at the Tunica Cutoff when the water was high. We polled the boat through a stand of willows.....remember that Off commercial where the guy sticks his arm in the box with 1000 skeeters and did not get bit. Well we had Off brand repellant and were anemic by the time we got through those trees and could get cranked up and moving. Never saw anything like it since.

I don't doubt it. I never wear off or anything else, it just doesn't work. I just try not to go outside after dark. I'll pick this thread back up in the fall and we'll see if we can't get a group together.

This sounds like a good time. EDDYBO, we will need to plan this well as we can do some grilling and shooting....<span style="font-weight: bold">Maybe even a egg shoot??????</span>

I am trying to work a deal on the adjacent property to extend my range from 800 to a mile. here is a pic of mine after it was first cleared.

IMAGE_00016.jpg

here is a pic of my shooting room after the tables were poured, but before the walls went up.

GetAttachment2.jpg

I enjoy having shooters, and get quite a few. Most are guys that I have met online through forums. To the man all have been great folks.

With all the rain this summer we just now got started cutting our beans.