• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.50bmg pistol/rifle??

Re: .50bmg pistol/rifle??

I would love to see someone else shoot that thing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see someone else shoot that thing.... </div></div>

Whoever has thought of that is a a sado mashochist. My 37lb semi auto M82CQ has a punishing recoil and blast. There is no way someone is holding that in their hand and firing it. 230gr of powder going off in your hand i think will brake your wrist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see someone else shoot that thing.... </div></div>

Whoever has thought of that is a a sado mashochist. My 37lb semi auto M82CQ has a punishing recoil and blast. There is no way someone is holding that in their hand and firing it. 230gr of powder going off in your hand i think will brake your wrist. </div></div>

It's more like the recoil is going to take the shooting arm off the shoulder socket. It's certainly near the top, if not at the top, on the most insane, or stupid thing to do. Why? just because someone has too much time and some crazy ass idea.

Here is your problem
1. It is made of aluminum. Or maybe I should call it Kaboominum
2. Europe hates the .50BMG and doesn't let any private citizen have one.
3. recoil won't be very bad at all. 230 grains of slow burning .50 bmg powder will mean 75% of the powder will start to burn as it exits the muzzle brake. Now don't ge me wrong that would be one hell of a muzzle flash.

Be careful what you ask for.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cagkFXkeiHg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cagkFXkeiHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

1. Prototype is made from alu and real gun would be made from witholdinium...
2. Atleast in Slovenia .50bmg is upper limit of what we can own...
3. I think it would be shootable however why anyone would want to is beyond me....
4. I think it should be taken as a joke and not a viable option or as a example of "it can be done"

So wabbit hunt is on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
3. recoil won't be very bad at all. 230 grains of slow burning .50 bmg powder will mean 75% of the powder will start to burn as it exits the muzzle brake. Now don't ge me wrong that would be one hell of a muzzle flash. </div></div>

I am not so sure on that one. Ever fire a .44 Mag derringer? Its punishing and a lot of that powder is burned outside the chamber.
At least it has a decent looking muzzle brake on it and that will make a big difference. A clam shell or arrow head brake does a HUGE job in offsetting recoil. My .50 rifle is 37 lbs and has recoil inline with a 12 gauge shotgun. The back blast from the clam shell brake is horrible though. My bud dotted his eye by test firing his .50 rifle with the brake removed.

I would not fire that "pistol".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful what you ask for.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cagkFXkeiHg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cagkFXkeiHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

"50 caliber pistol" is not the same as 50 BMG. Hell i have shot a 50AE and it is not bad. But i dont care what muzzle brake or how slow burning it is, 230gr of powder is 230gr of powder.

The one in the video is actually .600 Nitro Express. I remember the thread by the guy who owns it.

Why anyone would build this is beyond me.... u couldn't really use it for anything but a nice painful trip to the range once in awhile!

Charlie