• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50yds

Jase_The_Ace

Looney Tunes
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Here's the thing.......
Shoot me down, call me stupid etc, I dont really care, but I could do with some help.

Have a scope that measures 1/8' per click, yeah, its a fine un to be fair.
The rifle has a 25MOA Picatinney rail.

What I would like to do is, set the scope at a minimum of 50yds and a maximum of 100yds
so say 75yds would be smack bang in the middle of the turret adjustments (up n down)

So my question is this, is the 25moa rail enough for this, or do I need to make the adjustments on the scope rings first ?

Hold on. I will have to check with the spirits to see what you actually have so I can conceive an answer.
iu

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and spife7980
Thats easy.... lol

CZ457
NikkoSterling Nighteater 6-24x56
25MOA Picatinney attatched to the CZ
Now all you need to do is zero at 50y and see where your scope is in its adjustment rage and you will know how much slope your base needs to center it. Might have to get custom machined base to get the exact inclination you want.

Reactions: RTH1800
If 100 is your max distance, depending on your scope, you may have to much elevation in the base already. May not be able to zero that close

Personally I’d run a 0 moa base for what you want to do.

Reactions: RTH1800
Hi all.
Here's the thing.......
Shoot me down, call me stupid etc, I dont really care, but I could do with some help.

Have a scope that measures 1/8' per click, yeah, its a fine un to be fair.
The rifle has a 25MOA Picatinney rail.

What I would like to do is, set the scope at a minimum of 50yds and a maximum of 100yds
so say 75yds would be smack bang in the middle of the turret adjustments (up n down)

So my question is this, is the 25moa rail enough for this, or do I need to make the adjustments on the scope rings first ?
I'm fairly certain you will be roughly 100 clicks down at 50 yds.

Will continue this once the new rings turn up. But I know I can add or remove between 5 – 40 MOA of customizable cant to the scope with no lapping required.

Will continue this once the new rings turn up. But I know I can add or remove between 5 – 40 MOA of customizable cant to the scope with no lapping required.
Sounds like you got Burris Signature XTR rings inbound. Excellent choice. Keeps your scope in PRISTINE MINT CONDITION.

Not the cheapest of the bunch, but have always found them reliable. Like you said, zero does not change, and yet an older set that cost around £120 were a nightmare, had to zero everytime at the range.