• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

511 Tactical Field Ops Watch?

guncrazy72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
North GA
I was looking around today for a new watch and found 511s watch with the ballistic calculator built into it. Does anyone have any experience with this watch? How well does the ballistic calculator work?

Re: 511 Tactical Field Ops Watch?

yes own and use on but it wrks best if u also have a baramitor

I own this watch and it is an awesome watch. However, don't buy it based on the ballistic ability. It is MUCH easier to just DL a ballistic app for your ipod/phone or cell. Inputting the variables is alot faster as well.

I have one, only used it on the range once or twice to test it. For me it is just to slow to use practically. All I was really getting from it is drop and drift, that is stuff that I can calculate quicker reading off a card.

i run a suunto core and a ballistic app on an iphone. the watch runs alt/barometer and also has a decent compass while the phone is faster input.

I have the stainless one too. Great if you forget you ballistics table/ iPod, etc, but like the others said, buying it strictly for the ballistic calculator is kind of overboard, it works well for what it is, but takes a while to configure and navigate through the options. Its a very nice watch though. Looks good with professional attire

Just to let you know that if you desire to purchase some 5.11 gear that lapolicegear is putting their 5.11 stuff on sale tommorrow (according to an e-mail I received ...). Not sure of the details, but ...
http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tase.html

Thanks everyone. I am going to think about the watch some more and see if it would be useful. Thanks for the link.

The Casio Pathfinder with compass, barometer, and altimiter is also a great watch for atmospheric conditions and it is built like a tank.