• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

53 gr vmax and Ramshot X-terminator data

RabbitSlayer48

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Got a good amount of Ramshot X-terminator since its 24.99\lb. Having good results in the .204!

Does anyone know where there is published load data for .223 X-terminator and 53gr max?

I found data for a 53 gr Barnes and 52 gr nosler. Would these be a safe place to start? I haven't been reloading very long. Im a bit worried about working with no published data. Don't wanna blow my face off!

I’d start with whichever of the two is lower and then work up. They’ll be close though. Hodgdon seems to point to 22-24.5 or so for the various 52, 53 and 55 gr bullets

Reactions: mtrmn
Can’t help you with exterminator, but they do like TAC.
Just loaded 120 of them today.
Wicked little pills they are……

Start at 24 grains and work up to about 26 grains max. CCI 450 or Remington 7.5 would be my choice of primer.

Just to follow up. I worked up to 26.0 with once fired fiocchi brass and fed match ar srp. At 25.0 the primers started to get flat. At 25.4 I would say very flat but not cratering or other major signs. Made it to 26 and it still looks reasonable other than the very flat primers. The velocity seemed to be getting cray though. At 25.4 it jumped up 100 fps and they were 3200+ till 26.0 from a 18" gas gun.

Today i loaded up a a seating depth test and shot 36 rounds with 25.2 based on the ladder test. At 72 degrees. About 2\3 of the cases I could just barely find the ejector swipe if carefully rotated in the sun. At home I couldn't even find any swipes up to 26 gr under bright light in the reloading room. 2.245 oal 3 shot group .4 moa was the best of the day. Tested in .003 increments down to 2.215. No groups over moa. Found another node around 2.230 worth investigating with groups around .6 moa.

Upper is a ruger mpr with a linear comp on it. Always been impressed with the accuracy for what it is, but the barrel fouls and is like sand paper compared to my woa. Can't even remember all the details of my lower build lol. Let's go Brandon lower with triggertech trigger set at i think 2.5 or 3 lb. Seekins lpk. Magpul prs lite stock. Put a ares btr gen 2 4.5-27x50 on it for accuracy testing. Normally wears a 2-10x40 tract for song dogs

I also got the Sierra manual the other day. It has a lot of X-terminator data. It listed the 53 gr BK max at 25.1, so that lines up to my experience with the vmax nicely. I would say max for me is 25.1 to 25.2. I will now test for es and sd from 25.2 down.

DSC_1055.jpg

Last edited:
My 16” Black Hole found bliss with 26.3 of TAC at right on 3,000 (R-P, 400’s).
They’re not exactly fur friendly. A low and too far back shot at 120 yards still left a pretty nasty exit. I don’t save hides, so a mushroom cloud would be fine by me……
AEB2279F-CDF8-4530-B4FC-68D27ABE965D.jpeg

I thought I would follow up since I tested this with new starline 556 brass. I ran it through the FL die, mandrel, chamfer. My velocity was way lower with 25.4 producing 3140 (25.0 produced this in the old brass). There were no pressure signs and even the primers were not very flat. This is not what I expected at all. I should have loaded all the way to 26 again.

Reactions: camocorvette
anyone else have experience with x-terminator. I am looking at it for coyote and prairie dog since it is cheaper then varget. i shoot 50 gr v max. My main concern is temps. Prairie dog is usually spring so 60 to 80 and coyote is mostly winter so 10 to 40.

anyone else have experience with x-terminator. I am looking at it for coyote and prairie dog since it is cheaper then varget. i shoot 50 gr v max. My main concern is temps. Prairie dog is usually spring so 60 to 80 and coyote is mostly winter so 10 to 40.
That is my concern too. Its starting to get cold. I will get cold velocity data soon and post it here. Somewhere there is a PDF with temp stability of a bunch of powders. I will try to find it later too. I hunt in as cold or colder than load development temps for this particular gun, so for me just gonna hit low and maybe go out of tune. My PD guns I do it load development in the winter and then its 90+ when I hunt. Thats a way bigger problem. I need to find some h4895 or 8208 xbr for those guns.