• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 5320.20 Question and sanity check

dvdt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Dallas,TX
I need some help filling out a 5320.20 properly. This is my first trip to the rodeo.

My item is a TBAC 30P-1.
My item is owned by a trust.
My intention is to notify the ATF of a permanent address change.

I've read on the back of the Form4 that I am required to notify the ATF of a permanent address change.

"Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and
Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in Item 2a."

While the above doesn't specify using the 5320.20, when I called the ATF they suggested using it. I'm going to file additional 5320.20's in the near future so I wanted to get my feet wet and stick to using their forms.

So, here are my questions and a couple items I needed a sanity check on:

Box 1 Full Name - trust name here "dvdt trust, city, state"
Address - is this the address in box 2a on the Form4 or my new address ?

Box 2 - mark "No"

Box 3 - I'll list only the day I'm "transporting" the item. In other words, it's the same date in both boxes.

Box 4 - Is it OK to abbreviate Thunder Beast Arms Corporation to TBAC ? It's listed as an abbreviation on the Form3/Form4. I also used that on my Assignment Sheet.

Serviceable (Yes or No) - What do I put here ? I'm thinking Yes.

Box 5 - using the example, "Permanent change of Address"

Box 6 - address currently on Form4 2a (old address)
Box 7 - new address

Box 8 - Mode of Transportation - I'm personally driving this from one address to the other. What should I put ? "Personal transportation by Trustee" ?

Thanks in advance!

Re: 5320.20 Question and sanity check

called and got some help from the ATF today.

Box 1 Full Name "dvdt trust" city and state is below that, duh!

The address should be the address the ATF currently knows about which is my Form4 Box 2A.

Box 4 TBAC is just fine

BOX 4 Serviceable is "Yes" because it's functioning.

Box 8 - "Personal Transporation" is just fine.

Thanks!