• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 5320.20 Question

Mustafa

Major League Analyst
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
New Braunfels, TX
Hey all, I'm looking to transport an NFA item from one state to another. I filled out my 5320.20, but when I called the ATF, they said it would take them 45 days to get the form sent back to me so I could transport the item. Problem is, I'm supposed to go get the item in about 2 weeks! Anyone know of a way around this 45 day waiting period to move my stuff? Is there an expedited process of some sort? I spent a bunch of money on a plane ticket already and I'd hate for it to go to waste.
Thanks all!

Re: 5320.20 Question

If I read what you have written, I am left with the following impressions:

1. that you are picking up a machine gun for the very first time and that, when you do, you want to "move" it to another State. Have I got that correct? If so, I would think that your paperwork will require some scrutiny. IS this a permanent move? If so, you are in for the wait.

2. You are expecting to transport this machine gun on a commercial flight. Have I got that right as well? I would be concerned with that as well, and if that changes, you are resubmitting.

The only way around this problem is an excellent relationship with your State's agent, and a phone number. Texas right? Someone from your State is going to have to step forward.

1. Not a permanent move.
2. Yes. How is this different than a very expensive precision rig?

3. Shit. Guess I'm just going back to visit friends!

Fax it and they'll have it back to you in about 10 days. I do this every year.

what wiley c said, mine always come back with in 2 weeks and i snail mail em in- 5320.20 always come back astonishingly fast...
how the hell have you been!! i saw the absence of the mullah... sad day when you shaved it i'll bet!!! take care

Wait, wait, wait, what? Am I reading this right ? The MUSTAFA is gone. I'm sorry but this is so much more troubling then whatever issue you may have with the BATF. I've seen your passport sir and you, and I am deeply concerned. LMFAO. Hope it gets worked out

Yeah, Mustafa is gone... I cried a little, but I've got a job interview with State Dept at the end of the month, so I've gotta get myself all socially acceptable looking.. *sigh*
Didn't know about the faxing option.
I'll look into that!
Thanks!

maybe try calling them?? i dunno

btw good luck with your interview!!

Not permanent is better.
Because they rarely see them on commercial flights.
If it all goes sideways, PM me.

NFA BRANCH
244 NEEDY ROAD – SUITE 1250
MARTINSBURG, WV 25405

FAX 304-616-4501

On the topic of faxing the NFA branch:
I have been told by examiners, or one at least, that mailed papers go directly to the correct examiner when they arrive. Faxed ones end up in a pile at the end of the day and get sorted out later.
I am a dealer and I mail my form 3s, even though I can fax. I have had better service since I have done this. FWIW. And this may not apply to .20 forms; someone with more knowledge may be able to clarify or confirm.

When I fax my 5320.20 I get it back in 7 to 10 days and once I got it in 5 days. I can't speak for mailing it since I've never mailed one.

Thanks for the help guys! I faxed it in. If it gets back in time, I'll have it down here for a while. if not, I'll just lock it up in the old safe and use the trip to hang out with some friends. win/win!

I fax mine. I usually put Attn: to my examiner on the cover page. I usually have them back within 7-10 days.