• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

541T HB

maxscm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
N. Georgia
Just acquired a nice 541T HB 22LR.
Anyone have instructions on how to adjust the trigger pull?
How low(lbs) can you safely set this trigger for bench shooting only?

Re: 541T HB

Great rifle, i love mine.

in case you don't know, the clips suck. if you buy new ones, stay away from the 10 round version, the bullets randomly come flying out. The 5 or 6 round clips for the model 77 are the ones to buy.

also in case you want it tuned up, they say this guy is really good. I have not sent mine since when shooting I am the weakest link.

Brian Voelker 563-932-2570

2878 170th Ave.
Ryan, IA 52330

has anyone ever seen a metal replacement mag for the 541's?

best
dgwelsh

I have a 541 T HB. I currently use the clips for the model 77. Pretty sure they are 5 rounds. I have a couple 541 10 round mags as well. They hold at most 5 rounds, any more and all the rounds come flying out.

If you have a 522 mag, they are very similar. In fact if you remove the red button type plastic thing from the side, they will fit and lock perfectly in the 541. The problem with them is the angle of the follower, I think that the correct term, isn't right. Also they are expensive.

Years ago I had a Mohawk 10C, which I think was K-Mart's version of the 77. IIRC, I cut a clip or two off the spring to get it to feed reliably or else it would jam. You can get the ten rounders apart pretty easily. Seems like the tension is too high to reliably feed.