• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft 550 cord haverdashery

marduk185

take my karma boom
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
tantric thrust
lets see those 550 cord works of awesomeanity. i just did a ghetto sling out of walmart pseudo cordage and i need some ideas for projects for when i can get some real stuff.

12012010153.jpg

12012010155.jpg

Re: 550 cord haverdashery

I have a tan and black 550 leash. I'll snap a pic here in a few

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lets see those 550 cord works of awesomeanity. i just did a ghetto sling out of walmart pseudo cordage and i need some ideas for projects for when i can get some real stuff.

12012010153.jpg

</div></div>

very EUropean

While we're at it, anyone got a good resource for actual 550 cord?

It seems that a "cool" factor has brought a lot of J-U-N-K online.

Thanks,

BMT

Not sure how much 550 cord your looking for. These guys are local to me so I've used them: http://www.countycomm.com/550cord.htm

Marduk: Would love to shoot that FAL, one of my favorite rifles. However, your sling looks like it should have a flower pot hanging from it. Would definitely work in a pinch though!

Thank you. What I was looking for. I added some to an order earlier this year and was disappointed.

BMT

Back in the day I was in the "Sea Cadet" program, and we used 550 cord in various colors to make presentation paddles for various ceremonies. Here's an example .

If I can find an old picture, I'll post one I've done. Pretty simple stuff, nothing amazing, but learning all the different knots and their traditional uses was kinda cool.

I get my cord from a place called "The Supply Captain". It's a military oriented site, and they are great folks to deal with. It's all genuine military contract cord, and you can get it in 100 ft. hanks or 1000 ft. spools.
I make game call lanyards.

010-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

002-8.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

This is a 6 foot dog leash (not counting the handle part). I need to re-do the handle as it is a bit hard on the wrist.

The style is 8-plait braiding, and it is a real bitch but quite worth it.