• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 550 Yard Corn Bandit Kills

308crosshairs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas
DSCN1308.jpg

Killed these two between hrs of 0030 to 0130 hrs. With the absence of hogs i tired my luck with these two raccoons. Had a quarting 8 to 10 wind with raccoon # 1 held 1/2 mil. Raccoon # 2 wind went to calm, held dead on. Had IR Illumination to aid N/V scope since it was dark of the moon. At the shots both raccoons ran off, both didn't go far. About 10 yards into dry creek bed.

Re: 550 Yard Corn Bandit Kills

You and your killing shit in the dark business is making me very jealous!! Thanks for the pics!

Thats some fine shooting Mr. M. A well deserved pat on the back for a well planned and executed pair of shots! In the dark no less!!! OUTSTANDING work!

that will teach them to play in your neck of the woods. good shootin!

what kind of nv are you using? I can't tell from the picts. Oh yeah, awesome shooting!

Thanks for the positive input gents.

bowstryder, the n/v scope i used that night is a L3 EOS CNVD-LR. You couldn't see most of the scope because of the shroud that covered both scopes. If you go to www.TNVC.Com and look up clip on scopes you will see a good picture of it plus all specs of the scope. I did a eval between the PVS27 and CNVD-LR under same conditions of star light only and with half moon/full moon. The PVS27 had a definite edge over CNVD-LR with just star light, but under half/full moon the CNVD-LR could hang with a PVS27 IMO.

Thanks for the info 308. My cousin and I are going to be investing in some night optics pretty soon and I am open to all good ( researched) advice.

bowstryder, one thing i should have mentioned about CNVD-LR vs PVS27 is the weight difference. The CVND-LR comes in at 1.9 lbs vs 3 lbs 2oz. for the PVS27. That extra weight can make a difference if you consider a 16 lb rifle plus 3 lbs 2 oz of PVS27.

This is something important to consider, if you hunt on the move or you are a static hunter that drives up to a hunting blind then the extra weight doesn't much matter.

Good luck