• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

550C "Package"

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Gonna go with a Blue 550C. I know Dillon has pacakge pre-set, but since I own a single stage, a lot of things I don't need (yet another calipers, scale, etc)

What are the essentials to get a good startup on the 550C. Gonna try my 6.5 Manbun first, then move to 308, 223, 44mag, 45 Colt, etc.
Already have inline fab mount so will be getting the quick change plate.

I like the inline roller handle and their double bin setup and also run the Dillon bullet tray. Precision stuff I prefer the Armonov toolheads with free floating dies.

There's a full 550 thread full of good stuff.

Skip the kit. Assuming you have dies and calipers and basics - You need the machine and a caliber change kit (locator buttons, shell plate, and powder funnel, comes in a little blue clamshell) for every different case you reload. Sometimes the funnel or shellplate and buttons overlap, like 6.5 creed and 308.

If you intend to leave toolheads set up for different calibers, and you're using the dillon powder thrower, you'll also need a powder die for every toolhead.

Reactions: DocRDS
There's a full 550 thread full of good stuff.

Skip the kit. Assuming you have dies and calipers and basics - You need the machine and a caliber change kit (locator buttons, shell plate, and powder funnel, comes in a little blue clamshell) for every different case you reload. Sometimes the funnel or shellplate and buttons overlap, like 6.5 creed and 308.

If you intend to leave toolheads set up for different calibers, and you're using the dillon powder thrower, you'll also need a powder die for every toolhead.
Much appreciated for the thread. Search is overloaded with results.

Get a 750 for pistol rounds, auto indexing is the reason
Soon. soon. I'm not at volume for a 750 and its 90% rifle. Hand gun maxes at 100/batch. 9mil I have a "Army Jerry Stockpile"

Get a 750 for pistol rounds, auto indexing is the reason

If you ever think you might want or need a casefeeder, go straight to the 750.

Honestly if I'm using ball powder and the dillon thrower on the 550 I can crank pretty close to an actual 300 an hour. I don't run super speed and stopping for primers is the big pain unless you have a filler.

I like the inline roller handle and their double bin setup and also run the Dillon bullet tray. Precision stuff I prefer the Armonov toolheads with free floating dies.
I don't use the Armonov toolhead but will definitely second the Inline Fabrication roller handle and strong mount and the Dillon bullet tray.

I do most of my bulk reloading on a 650, but I kept the 550B around for smaller batches of 54R and if I ever get into a cartridge that won't work with the 650 case feeder (50 Beo, for example)

Inline roller handle and double bin systems are great. I've always run the Amanov heads on my 550b, I can't say I've compared them vs other heads and seen if they make more accurate ammo but they are nice so I'm happy with them.