• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 556 Can; Polonium?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’m torn between an Otter Creek Labs Polonium and the YHM Turbo3 for a 556 AR and 223 Bolt gun.

I thought I was set on YHM but the Polonium entered the chat.

Any thoughts?

I’m torn between an Otter Creek Labs Polonium and the YHM Turbo3 for a 556 AR and 223 Bolt gun.

I thought I was set on YHM but the Polonium entered the chat.

Any thoughts?
    I have a polinium k can in jail but don't have it yet. They are supposed to be great cans and have really good sound suppression. I guess it depends on what your looking to use it for.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I have a polinium k can in jail but don't have it yet. They are supposed to be great cans and have really good sound suppression. I guess it depends on what your looking to use it for.
    Just regular use on my AR then swapping over to the 223 rig when needed

Just regular use on my AR then swapping over to the 223 rig when needed
    Yeah I got thr k because it's for an AR only but if I was doing bolt gun too with it the reg polonium seems hard to beat. Better sound ratings all around too so, that's obviously what I would do. It's a hub can too so you can use whatever mount you want.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    Yeah I got thr k because it's for an AR only but if I was doing bolt gun too with it the reg polonium seems hard to beat. Better sound ratings all around too so, that's obviously what I would do. It's a hub can too so you can use whatever mount you want.
    Good dead sounds like I’m sold lol

Is the k recommended for ar? Which is recommended for a 16" ar in 5.56?

Full-size Polo is the tits on my 14.5” M4 5.56. Not over-gassed, and cycles perfect. Sounds great, too.

IMG_1310.jpeg
    IMG_1311.jpeg
    IMG_1313.jpeg
    IMG_1325.jpeg

I have the polo k and run it on a 13.7 ar and a 16 ar. Good flash suppression, decent decibel reduction, slight bit gassy but nothing bad even on an indoor range. All around great can for the money

My Polonium K is in jail and I’ve only put a handful of rounds through it so far. It’s been impressive though, and definitely seems to punch above its weight class. The K is going to be less backpressure than the full size, which may be a consideration if primarily running on your AR.

I have a polonium 30 in jail that’s going to live exclusively on my sbr scar 17. I originally wanted a tbac dominus for a dedicated 17 can, but $1500+.gov tip for a dedicated can stopped making sense to me after i rationalized this will be my 4th can (already have an ultra 9, takedown 22, and octane 45), i’ll have to tune the 17’s gas jet for either the polo30 or dominus, and i can get a better value with the polo30 justasgood suppression for $400+.gov tip. Overall, the dominus is the better can by every metric except total cost relative to my use case.

tldr buy a polonium if it’s going to be a dedicated 556 can. If you want a single do-it-all can and intend to swap the can to other rifles, save your pennies and buy a dominus.

I was going to go for either an OCL or TB can but decided I'm waiting a moment before buying my next can, probably a general use .30 and a dedicated 5.56- There's a new, second generation of 3D laser sintered cans, offering both low back pressure and very good muzzle suppression- the new CAT cans and PTR cans are throwing out excellent numbers, pretty sure there are others in the Wurx (see what I did there....sorry...) Hopefully there'll be more info in the coming weeks
    The CAT suppressors are tempting- but their "brand"marketing is a dumpster fire and October launch has passed...

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
    So I've been doing some pondering on this lately and I've seen this can mentioned a few times. If I wanted it to be QD, what's the best option for that? I assume I can't put a mount on the can that's compatible with my Surefire Warcomp, so I'd have to replace my MD as well. At that point, is it worth it to go with the OCL or just spend the extra for an RC2 to fit on the MD I already have?

I'd preferably swap this between two AR's and a .223 bolty.

So I've been doing some pondering on this lately and I've seen this can mentioned a few times. If I wanted it to be QD, what's the best option for that? I assume I can't put a mount on the can that's compatible with my Surefire Warcomp, so I'd have to replace my MD as well. At that point, is it worth it to go with the OCL or just spend the extra for an RC2 to fit on the MD I already have?

I'd preferably swap this between two AR's and a .223 bolty.
    Ecco Machine can make you a SF mount if you send him a sacrificial Warden, FYI.

Reactions: AMGtuned
    Full-size Polo is the tits on my 14.5” M4 5.56. Not over-gassed, and cycles perfect. Sounds great, too.

View attachment 8265806View attachment 8265808View attachment 8265807View attachment 8265809
    Do you think the standard polonium will be perform well on an 18 inch 6 arc AR? I have a full lower already wanting to do something that would be good for SC Deer, hogs and occasional yotes. Possibly a little plinking. I just got my first suppressor a couple years ago and then got my second a year ago. Now anytime I hunt I want a suppressor. Both my current cans are on bolt guns. I was leaning towards ordering the full size polonium. Any suggestions tips or insight?

Do you think the standard polonium will be perform well on an 18 inch 6 arc AR? I have a full lower already wanting to do something that would be good for SC Deer, hogs and occasional yotes. Possibly a little plinking. I just got my first suppressor a couple years ago and then got my second a year ago. Now anytime I hunt I want a suppressor. Both my current cans are on bolt guns. I was leaning towards ordering the full size polonium. Any suggestions tips or insight?
    It will perform well. Backpressure will probably be noticeable if you don’t have adjustable gas.

Reactions: FuhQ
    I think it will be excellent for an 18" 6mm ARC. He actually designed the full-size Polo around both the 5.56 and the 6mm ARC (this is what I was told by @AndrewKing who is the owner of Otter Creek). He wanted the 556 can to have enough volume to properly suppress the larger 6mm ARC case, and still sound good. I have not shot mine on my 6 ARC bolt-action yet, but I might do that this weekend to see how it sounds, and to get some more video footage. And compare the full-size Polo to the Hydrogen-S on it.

I don't have adjustable gas on my M4 and it's gassed perfectly. Brass ejects at 3 o'clock, and it's not gassy at all. Here's a video showing it being ran on my rifle... Notice the brass slinging perfectly at 90º and hitting the wall.

I think it will be excellent for an 18" 6mm ARC. He actually designed the full-size Polo around both the 5.56 and the 6mm ARC (this is what I was told by @AndrewKing who is the owner of Otter Creek). He wanted the 556 can to have enough volume to properly suppress the larger 6mm ARC case, and still sound good. I have not shot mine on my 6 ARC bolt-action yet, but I might do that this weekend to see how it sounds, and to get some more video footage. And compare the full-size Polo to the Hydrogen-S on it.

I don't have adjustable gas on my M4 and it's gassed perfectly. Brass ejects at 3 o'clock, and it's not gassy at all. Here's a video showing it being ran on my rifle... Notice the brass slinging perfectly at 90º and hitting the wall.

Awesome! This sounds like the can for my needs for sure then. Anyone know a good dealer that has them in stock currently? I have found the K version at Capitol Armory and Silencer shop but not the standard polo. Thanks as always for the help everyone!

Awesome! This sounds like the can for my needs for sure then. Anyone know a good dealer that has them in stock currently? I have found the K version at Capitol Armory and Silencer shop but not the standard polo. Thanks as always for the help everyone!
    Bauer Precision in Texas has them in stock. I have never ordered a can from them, but everything else I have ordered from them has shipped fast. They're legit. 👍🏼

Reactions: SCGunner84
    Sadly it’s keymo, the SOLGW nox is pinned and welded on that rifle. Keymo works, it’s just my least favorite mounting system ever.
    I think AAC and Surefire take the #1 and #2 spots for shittiest mounting systems...With Q coming in 3rd (go figure, 2 Kevin B. mounting designs in the top 3 worst). 😂

IMO, the only issue with KeyMo is the added weight, and how much the KeyMo Omega mounts cost ($250 each) + each KeyMo/KeyMicro brake ($90-$150 depending on brand and model). Other than that, it doesn't get much better of a QD system. No threads, and a repeatable taper system... What's not to like?

What’s wrong with the plan b? I just picked up some rearden devices and their alpha adapter for a HUB suppressor.

I have a SF warden and an SOLGW Nox 9port but the HUB adapter was fairly expensive, I feel like I could save money and weight switching out the barrel to a 14.5

What’s wrong with the plan b? I just picked up some rearden devices and their alpha adapter for a HUB suppressor.

He hasn't used it yet. Once he does, then it'll suddenly be the best thing ever.

The Rearden stuff is rock-solid - good parts made by good people. It's my go-to for anything that doesn't use the TBAC SR mount.

Reactions: kthomas
    Using the keymo adaptor on the polo k isn’t great. Adds a good amount of weight and length and the adaptor unscrews from the actual can when I try to remove the whole assembly from the mount, and then I have to get a spanner wrench to remove the mount from the muzzle device. Surefire mounting system has the carbon locking issue but it’s still easier to deal with than the keymo adaptor.

And I never will, because it was douche designed. They should call them Plan CL, for carbon-locked. 😂

Are you able to articulate the issues with the Q Plan B and then evaluate Rearden's specific implementation of this design, or can you only launch an ad hominem attack?

Reactions: kthomas
    Are you able to articulate the issues with the Q Plan B and then evaluate Rearden's specific implementation of this design, or can you only launch an ad hominem attack?
    You’re telling me that Kevin isn’t the biggest douche in the entire industry? Remember some of his drunken rant posts on here? What about his “exceptional” social media presence. You know good and well he deserves every ad hominem adjective in the English language. 😂

But back to the mount…No, I’m not familiar with the Reardon version, other than hearing it mentioned a lot. I’ve never looked into it, so I was not talking about that version. I am familiar with the Q version that has had reported carbon locking problems since day 1, so that was the version I was referencing.

Using the keymo adaptor on the polo k isn’t great. Adds a good amount of weight and length and the adaptor unscrews from the actual can when I try to remove the whole assembly from the mount, and then I have to get a spanner wrench to remove the mount from the muzzle device. Surefire mounting system has the carbon locking issue but it’s still easier to deal with than the keymo adaptor.
    I’d recommend rocksett on the muzzle device (screwed onto the barrel) and rocksett on the adapter (screwed into the can). That way, both will stay put and separate as intended.

Reactions: Kadams1563
    You’re telling me that Kevin isn’t the biggest douche in the entire industry? Remember some of his drunken rant posts on here? What about his “exceptional” social media presence. You know good and well he deserves every ad hominem adjective in the English language. 😂

But back to the mount…No, I’m not familiar with the Reardon version, other than hearing it mentioned a lot. I’ve never looked into it, so I was not talking about that version. I am familiar with the Q version that has had reported carbon locking problems since day 1, so that was the version I was referencing.

What I'm trying to tell you is that Kevin's personality has exactly zero to do with the merits of the Rearden product - and seeing as how you've admitted to knowing nothing about it, maybe you should keep an open mind.

What I'm trying to tell you is that Kevin's personality has exactly zero to do with the merits of the Rearden product - and seeing as how you've admitted to knowing nothing about it, maybe you should keep an open mind.
    Contrary to what people may think of me on here, I’m always honest about everything, especially if I don’t know something. Despite occasionally being exposed to misinformation, which we all are from time to time. Lies require extensive effort to keep up the charade, always be honest and you walk with a clear mind, and have nothing to keep up with. 👍🏼

I’d recommend rocksett on the muzzle device (screwed onto the barrel) and rocksett on the adapter (screwed into the can). That way, both will stay put and separate as intended.
    The muzzle device is rocksett’d onto the rifle and doesn’t come off, but I use the can on two different rifles, one with the dead air muzzle device and one with a rearden adaptor. Might just go ahead and rocksett the keymo adaptor on the can and find a new can for the other rifle

Reardon is GTG. Far superior to the Q products. They added features to help the end user if your MD get stuck in the can; and have many other better styles available than the infamous "cherry bomb".

I like Griffin mounts; but one place the "Q" design does shine, is the placement of the taper. It is ahead of the threads to help prevent carbon lock up.

Reactions: Bluedog82
    Just curious, are these can actually made of Polonium? It is radio active and if ingested, it can kill you. It is also hard to detect in your system once ingested.

I have a SF warden and an SOLGW Nox 9port but the HUB adapter was fairly expensive, I feel like I could save money and weight switching out the barrel to a 14.5

Nothing.

The Rearden stuff is top notch quality. Q produced products don't always have the best quality, and they don't have wrench flats if things get stuck - which can happen to any mounting system.

Rearden stuff is excellent. It's what I use. Returns to zero very reliably. Easy on and off. Haven't had any issues with carbon locking. Only real critique is that it doesn't have secondary retention - which you may want if you shoot FA (unfortunately I don't).

I run my Polonium with TBAC adapter and our CB mounts, bought it specifically for my 6 ARC but have not actually shot it on that yet. Hoping to change that this weekend.

Just curious, are these can actually made of Polonium? It is radio active and if ingested, it can kill you. It is also hard to detect in your system once ingested.

Ingesting the Polonium would probably kill you, but I think it'd be fairly easy to detect.

I run my Polonium with TBAC adapter and our CB mounts, bought it specifically for my 6 ARC but have not actually shot it on that yet. Hoping to change that this weekend.
    This is exactly what I was planning on doing. I am putting a TBAC CB muzzle brake on my 6ARC and planning to use the TBAC CB2HUB w/ a Polonium. Do you notice any POI shift with the Polonium and TBAC mount?

Reactions: godofthunder
    This is exactly what I was planning on doing. I am putting a TBAC CB muzzle brake on my 6ARC and planning to use the TBAC CB2HUB w/ a Polonium. Do you notice any POI shift with the Polonium and TBAC mount?
    To be honest I haven’t shot it with the suppressor off yet. I had a shift when I changed from my old heavy ass YHM to the polonium, 2 inches right and 2 high.

Also, the polonium on my arc was quiet AF. So much so I think I’ll buy another for my other gun.