• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

5700 AB and .22lr

Shayne Ward

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2021
Ft. Worth
I have owned a Kestrel now for several months and had great success with it for centerfire.
Shooting a lot of .22 now and I have had very mixed success. I can play with it to get accurate hits out to 385 yds and have even shot to 606yds and made hits. My problem is I feel like some of the settings are off and the wind is definitely wrong. It’s never even close on the windage needed.
I have tried AB custom curves, G1 curves, and G7 curves.
I shoot Eley Match out of a 18” Vudoo and currently my closest profile in a G1 at .128 but the muzzle velocity is around 1160fps... I know that isn’t correct and probably why the wind calls are off. I would love to get this figured out so I am not just guessing at the windage during PRS matches.
Thanks in advance!

I have owned a Kestrel now for several months and had great success with it for centerfire.
Shooting a lot of .22 now and I have had very mixed success. I can play with it to get accurate hits out to 385 yds and have even shot to 606yds and made hits. My problem is I feel like some of the settings are off and the wind is definitely wrong. It’s never even close on the windage needed.
I have tried AB custom curves, G1 curves, and G7 curves.
I shoot Eley Match out of a 18” Vudoo and currently my closest profile in a G1 at .128 but the muzzle velocity is around 1160fps... I know that isn’t correct and probably why the wind calls are off. I would love to get this figured out so I am not just guessing at the windage during PRS matches.
Thanks in advance!

For the .22lr, use DSF at 100y increments out to 500y. This will align your true your dope and take away the headaches you're experiencing.

Reactions: NiteQwill