• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5700 Elite AB with Link - Wind speed?

LANCER

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Does the 5700 Elite actually tell you what the wind speed is? For the life of me, at the range the other day someone asked me what the wind speed was, and I was like "Of course I know what it's gusting to, I have a Kestrel here, hold on" Couldn't find it. Anywhere on the damn thing. I know it uses it for calculation, but am I missing something? Or did I just completely forget how to use it? Where is the actual wind speed displayed?
    I know, I'm an idiot, but I could have sworn it was on there outside of the "capture" menu.

Also, what is best way to run the 5700 Elite AB with Link + HUD, on a weathervane mount? Live I assume?

Thanks,

Does the 5700 Elite actually tell you what the wind speed is? For the life of me, at the range the other day someone asked me what the wind speed was, and I was like "Of course I know what it's gusting to, I have a Kestrel here, hold on" Couldn't find it. Anywhere on the damn thing. I know it uses it for calculation, but am I missing something? Or did I just completely forget how to use it? Where is the actual wind speed displayed?
    I know, I'm an idiot, but I could have sworn it was on there outside of the "capture" menu.

Also, what is best way to run the 5700 Elite AB with Link + HUD, on a weathervane mount? Live I assume?

Thanks,
    You wont see the live wind speed in easy mode, you have to be in either weather or ballistics mode.

You wont see the live wind speed in easy mode, you have to be in either weather or ballistics mode.
    Strange, cause mine is always in ballistics mode....I'll check it out when I go home. I probably should brush up on the manuals.

Thanks

Strange, cause mine is always in ballistics mode....I'll check it out when I go home. I probably should brush up on the manuals.

Thanks
    Yeah, you may need to switch to live.

There is a button combination that gets you to the live wind speed screen. I can't remember what it is, but it exists.

When they ask what the wind speed is just instantly reply with something in the ballpark and sound confident. Works every time.

Reactions: LANCER
    From main screen, cursor down 1 to place the underline under Wind and press the button with the red line and that turns on wind acquisition and the screen will show the wind heading and speed real time. To stop press the red line button again. Easy to tell if you are in acquisition mode as there is an arrow that appears next to the word Wind. Same process when taking target DOF.

Thanks
    If you double click the light button it takes you to weather. Find speed and scroll left...

It give you high, low and average.

or what Kestrel person said above by capturing it.

Thanks for the mature responses that warranted trolling cause of dumb question :)

not trolling, but Ive found this training to be very helpful. It is set up by the kestrel team and includes ballistics to some extent, the todd hodnet classes are really good too if you have the elite model.