• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jwp475

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2005
USA
Here are a few pictures of my Mule Deer hunt this year
As the title indicates I got one at 587 yards

Picture059.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture064.jpg

The rifle is my 338 Lapua firing 300 gran SMK at 2791 FPS

Re: 587 Mulie

Nice. Location? Rifle? Wind? Elevation & windage? Shot placement?

My rifle is built on a Rem-700 action fitted with a Seekins Detachable Box Magazine. The barrel is a Rock Creek that is carbon wrapped by ABS. The scope is a S&B 5X25 PMll. The load is 92 grains of H-1000 behind a 300 grain SMK. loadto an over all lenght of 3.860"

Great post, got all your equipment there don't you. 587yds is a long under field conditions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice deer! What brake have you got on your shooter? </div></div>

The brake is made by Defensive Edge as was the rifle

Nice deer. Where do you hunt? A group and I are going out near Terlingua for Mule deer in 2 days. My father-in-law has a place we go to every year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mauritz45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great pics of a great hunt. how long is the barrel and what does yor rifle weigh??-cam </div></div>

The rifle is built on a Rem-700 action with a 30" Rock Creek barrel, carbon wrapped by ABS. The bottom metal is Seekins detachable box magazine. the magazine will accept a 3.9" over all loaded length.

Another photo of the land scape

PA291389.jpg

I even pushed a few cows to a new pasture

url]
[/img]

jwp475, how do you like the zeiss PRF? I was trying to decide between that and the Leica CRF 1200, and ended up ordering the Zeiss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jwp475, how do you like the zeiss PRF? I was trying to decide between that and the Leica CRF 1200, and ended up ordering the Zeiss. </div></div>

The Zeiss range finder belongs to Ridge and he realy likes it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cbosshog79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be too much of a newbie but what is the calculator thing in the first picture?

By the way, good shooting! </div></div>

That is a hand held computer with the Ex-bal balistics software program for real time info

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle is my 338 Lapua firing 300 gran SMK at 2791 FPS</div></div>

Ya think thats enough for deer
wink.gif

Nice shootin.