• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

587% of annual snow pack...Camping is gonna wait !

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    End of May here on the Big Horn Mtns in Wyoming. Highway worker in pic when they are working on getting the road opened...

Highway_14A_in_May_2011.jpg

June 11th, close to the same area above pic was taken...

6-11-2011.jpg

Re: 587% of annual snow pack...Camping is gonna wait !

WOW... wait a minute, what about that global warming thing???

just took Amtrak from SF to Denver and crossed some of that territory...a bit south....and saw some of that snow.

Beautiful photo but just AWFUL as my idea of winter sports is scuba diving in Belize.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW... wait a minute, what about that global warming thing??? </div></div>

Yes, because the entire world is in the mountains of Wyoming, isn't it?

I went camping last weekend in the Uinta's at about 9000' and we had at LEAST 6' of snow under us!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW... wait a minute, what about that global warming thing??? </div></div>

Yes, because the entire world is in the mountains of Wyoming, isn't it? </div></div>

Hey - don't be a hater.
    laugh.gif

One of our larger reservoirs that a lot of Wyoming snow fills up is at 25% and they are letting it out at something like 25,000cfm right now. They figure they have enough snow-pack in Wyoming and here in Idaho to fill that reservoir twice this summer.

I have guys at a tower site today that the snowbanks are still higher than the cab of the truck.

I'm tired of snow, wind and rain, but hey... at least it isn't tornadoes.

Water is crazy this year we are at all time high relases on all the missouri river dams.They are at 150000 cfs on oahe and soon to be on garrison to. And on june 10th i had to were coveys all day pouring concrete global warming my ass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW... wait a minute, what about that global warming thing??? </div></div>

Yes, because the entire world is in the mountains of Wyoming, isn't it? </div></div>
    LOL. good one.

Love it. Snowboarding is my life so it's good to see. Was in Jackson, Wy on the 700 inch year.

We are having a drought here It has been at least 100* for a few days, and will be that hot for a while.

I think I found your global warming.

Snow in June! I just wish it was cooler than 80* when I get to work at 8am.

Jim

Oh yeah....We forgot it's global climate change since you dipshits got it wrong the first time.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We are having a drought here It has been at least 100* for a few days, and will be that hot for a while.

I think I found your global warming.

Snow in June! I just wish it was cooler than 80* when I get to work at 8am.

Jim </div></div>

+1

snow.jpg

Same thing here, a friend of mine took this pic 5-31-11, I was there exactly 1 year prior, and the snow was around six feet deep. This is the reason I haven't posted anything in the chuck hunting threads yet this year, I cant get to 'em!!!

Very cool pic! Thanks for sharing.

It was over 100 here yesterday and we need some rain!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Oh yeah....We forgot it's global climate change
    wink.gif
    </div></div>
    there we go!!!!

if anyone were to actually read the projections they'd learn that the consequences of global warming are higher extremes of ALL weather types. The winters will be harsher, the summers hotter, the springs much shorter.

I don't know if GW is real or not, but I know that a bunch of snow in one area doesn't prove or disprove anything.

I was up on the Highline trail in the Weminuche Wilderness on Monday, and this is one of the drifts I had to cope with to get there. For scale, the hiking staff in that picture is 54 inches tall.

hl3.jpg

That is beautiful! Unfortunately, down here the snow is almost gone from the top of Pike's Peak. But at least we can camp!

Yep alot of snow still up high. Camping season will be short this year.

Trying to build a gas plant at 9000 feet is going to be interesting,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is beautiful! Unfortunately, down here the snow is almost gone from the top of Pike's Peak. But at least we can camp! </div></div>

I'll be up there next weekend for the race. Hopefully it won't be too damn cold at 11k where will be camping at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if anyone were to actually read the projections they'd learn that the consequences of global warming are higher extremes of ALL weather types. The winters will be harsher, the summers hotter, the springs much shorter.

I don't know if GW is real or not, but I know that a bunch of snow in one area doesn't prove or disprove anything. </div></div>

Most of that was tongue in cheek but you are wrong....the projections have been changed to suit the argument. Al Gore's initial projections were that the earth was getting ever warmer and it would be so hot the we would be swimming in the Pacific in Colorado.....now that that hasn't happened it got turned into erratic climate behavior. Which to most anyone is called WEATHER.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I'll be up there next weekend for the race. Hopefully it won't be too damn cold at 11k where will be camping at. </div></div>

It's been gusty here, I think the wind is going to be unpleasant up the hill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Most of that was tongue in cheek but you are wrong....the projections have been changed to suit the argument. Al Gore's initial projections were that the earth was getting ever warmer and it would be so hot the we would be swimming in the Pacific in Colorado.....now that that hasn't happened it got turned into erratic climate behavior. Which to most anyone is called WEATHER. </div></div>

Erm.. I didn't get my info from Al Gore. You've no basis to say what's right or wrong on this and whilst it's obviously weather it's the extremes of that weather with the increased regularity of those extremes being experienced that ties into the global warming projections. Believe it or not, those views existed before Gore got bored and played with Keynote.

I am glad we got so much snow here, since we needed the recharge into the aquifer. All the lakes are way full, ponds that haven't had water in years are brimming, and there is grass everywhere in the desert. Even formerly dry hot springs are running again.
    Conspiricy theorists & Global Warming types should look up HAARP, for a couple of theories as to why the weather has been so severe over certain parts of the US.
    If I understand it (these things are always a mish mash to dechipher) the HAARP experiments are superheating the ionosphere in bursts over certain areas, causing heavy weather, which, lin the long term results in flooding that drowns American Farm Land, which results in dependence on foreign produced food, loss of land ownership as a basis of freedom, and enslavement of the once proud and noble Middleus Classus Americanus. Or something like that. The HAARP transmitters are there, the US Government actually admits to doing the experiments but in the end says, "nothing we are doing is harming anything." They always say that just before the giant ants swarm all over everything. The sudden heating of the atmosphere over the midwest that was reported last week in the major newsfeeds is an example of what is occuring, but of course the Fed said "Nothing to see here, lets move along".

How did this turn into a debate on global warming? All I k now is the rivers are too flooded to fish.

nice pics...I wonder how much of summer will melt that before winter hits again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW... wait a minute, what about that global warming thing??? </div></div>

Oh yeah....We forgot it's global climate change since you dipshits got it wrong the first time.
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

Back in the fifties, all the crazy weather extremes were due to the Russians. Funny how the tune keeps changing.

Could ya'll send a little down here to cool us off some?
    It's been over 100* all week and I don't see an end soon. It was still 100 last night at 8pm and has been around 80* for the morning low.
    That isn't global warming- here in Texas we call it summer, which actually begins around April and lasts until the end of October.

It would be nice to walk outside and not feel like I had walked into a sauna.

Jim

Just ran up 14 to 14A today...mostly cleared off, but still a few spots with an itty bitty teensy weensy bit of snow still on...

[img:center]
    GEDC0089.jpg
    [/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ran up 14 to 14A today...mostly cleared off, but still a few spots with an itty bitty teensy weensy bit of snow still on...

[img:center]
    GEDC0089.jpg
    [/img] </div></div>

that looks ....... <span style="font-size: 14pt"> COLD</span>