• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

597 and 504 compatibility

aussiearmourer

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2006
australia
Does anyone know if Remington 597 mags will fit a 504? I have a 504, but some mags with a higher capacity than 6 would be nice!!
The mags look similar in pics, but need to know from someone who has tried before I import some mags.

Re: 597 and 504 compatibility

there is a post here somewhere that lines out how to make the 597 mags fit in a 504, it is possible.

The 597 will work in the 504 with some modifications. Take the 504 and measure how for down the slot is. Then get the 597 and measure down the same distance or just a bit farther and start filing the new slot. You will have to work with it and keep trying till the mag locks in place. That's how I got the 597 mag to work in my 504.

thanks guys, now to try and find a 30rnd 597 mag here!!( our laws here are very restrictive of semi auto guns of any kind, so not many of these mags floating around)