• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5R Finished

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Finally got my glass in my 5R. It is a Sightron SIII 8-32x56mm, and I hate to say it, but so far the quality seems to be superior to my recently purchased Leupy MK4. With the Nightforce 20MOA base and IOR low rings I've got probably a 1/16" space between the barrel and scope, but I like it that way.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to attend an F/TR match this summer.

5Rfinished.jpg

Re: 5R Finished

Nice man! I have an SIII as well but it's the 6-24x50 MD and a 4.5-14x50 MK4. The SIII looks better for me as well but that's just my opinion. Very nice glass for the money. Range report?

Thanks for the compliments. The rifle itself has been a solid shooter for the two years that I've owned it. With most loads that it likes it puts 5 shots into 3/4" at 223yds. I've had 3 stocks and now 3 scopes on it and I don't plan on changing anything again.

I believe that sometimes at Macmillan they can't do percentages real well. The last stock I ordered I asked for 50% dark gray, 25% light gray and 20% black and the stock came in very, very light. The stock before that was 60% DG,20% LG and 20% black and it was very dark. I was expecting the last stock to be a little lighter in color than the first but they are like night and day different.

David

Great looking rifle, have you had the opportunity to get to the range with it yet?

Haven't shot it with this scope yet, but have about 800 rounds through the rifle. I've had a Burris XTR 3-12x50 and a 16x SS on it before the Sightron.

Thanks 7mmRM, and thanks for the stock recommendation.