• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5R Pic Thread

Re: 5R Pic Thread

IMG_4217.jpg

Hands down the best target rifle for the money!

Rifle1.jpg

Rifle2.jpg

Rifle3.jpg

No longer have it. Sold it a while back to a friend.

Best groups I ever got with it were around .35, but most of the time I was .40 to .44 (even using the crap burris fullfield II optic).

Here was mine before I sold it. I am now thinking I should not have done that. So now I may have to build another one.
laugh.gif

2ls8k9g.jpg

Same as Oddball-Six: .35, but most of the time I was .40 to .44.
I don't think I'll ever sell it; it's too good for what it is worth.

300 Win Mag 5R
Timney Trigger
Mcree Stock
USO SN-3 TPAL
Still need a suppressor...

2010-07-30135236.jpg

2010-07-30135229.jpg

2010-07-30134134.jpg

So I am breaking the rules with this one.. but I was breaking the gun in... ya know.. shooting it. I only had crappy factory remington corelokts... So here is my best 5 shot string prone @ 100 yards... So anyways, I was pretty proud of this group even though its not valid cause I am only showing one group... I was happy as hell to shoot this with factory ammo..I cannot wait to work up some hand loads for this gun.
The gun seemed to "settle down" around 50 or 60 rounds...

2010-07-30171700.jpg

Beautiful pictures! I am thinking of getting on as my first long range rig and this is only making it harder for me to wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfblues2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful pictures! I am thinking of getting on as my first long range rig and this is only making it harder for me to wait! </div></div>

You know, for a factory out of the box production gun... its pretty tough to beat.

older pic
rifle2.jpg

rifle1.jpg

This is with new 25x M1 scope. Also red knob was fab'd in the plastic prototype machine here at work; having a friend/machine shop owner spin up and anodize a dozen of them.
IMAG0030.jpg

Hows the recoil on unbraked 300 mag versions? Only shot light light 300's, thinking I need a target version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows the recoil on unbraked 300 mag versions? Only shot light light 300's, thinking I need a target version. </div></div>

eh its not bad... but my last magnum rifle was a 300 WBY.
I think it helps if you are a big dude... Im 6'1 260lbs, so I absorb recoil thanks to my tactical padding. I am looking for a suppressor to help reduce some of the recoil of the win mag... but all in all its not that bad... but, it is more than a .308 thats for damn sure!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">older pic
rifle2.jpg

rifle1.jpg

This is with new 25x M1 scope. Also red knob was fab'd in the plastic prototype machine here at work; having a friend/machine shop owner spin up and anodize a dozen of them.
IMAG0030.jpg
</div></div>

Who did that action? The knob and bolt looks awesome!

cttbax,

Marty Kolbet @ twistedbarrel.com did the bolt and knob combo. I had the bolt fluted, handle threaded and tactical knob installed all at the same time and it ran bout $120. Total turn around was 2 weeks including shipping time.

The big knob was something i just designed when i was bored at work.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
marathon-fairfield025.jpg

300wm
mcm ar
m5 dbm

got it back 4 months ago and still havent shot it </div></div>
That's a nice looking setup. What brake is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
marathon-fairfield025.jpg

300wm
mcm ar
m5 dbm

got it back 4 months ago and still havent shot it </div></div>

Wow great looking stick man.... please shoot that beautiful beast!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">]
That's a nice looking setup. What brake is that? </div></div>

the brake is an apa little bastard

New member but longtime lurker here. Also a newbe to long range shooting. The 5R looks like the one for me but the palmswell on the stock does not fit me at all. I can't get a grip at all. I really like the lines and looks of the stock but can't stand that grip area. Is there a stock thats like this one without the palmswell? I even like the color of the 5R stock. I've fondled a LTR and it fits and feels great but it's not stainless which I've decided I want in my next rifle. Pardon my rambling but one won't get answers without asking. Love all the pics here.

I feel the same way about that palm swell. It's just too big. Just take it off and sell it. Lots of guys do like that stock and it will fetch around $200 bucks. From there, you just need to decide what you do like. I put mine in the A5 and couldn't be happier. Looks better, feels better, and recoil seems to be cut in half. If you're on a budget, you should look at the B@C stocks.