• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 5R Project - Matching Vortex Razor Stealth Shadow

ssnfa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Thanks to a buddy for helping me with my Rem 700 project. I think we did pretty well matching the Vortex "Stealth Shadow" on my Razor HD. Can't wait to put a final thread together on the whole gun. Just waiting on the bolt and the stock to be completed.

The finish is a custom mixed shade of KG Gun Kote with a combination of three different colors.

7002.jpg

7003.jpg

7004.jpg

Re: 5R Project - Matching Vortex Razor Stealth Shadow

Looking good! Can't wait to see the rifle once it's done

Looks good, can I ask which 3 colors it took to get it there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, can I ask which 3 colors it took to get it there? </div></div>

I will ask, I'm not sure he ever told me.

you will have to plan a trip out here when its all said and done

Good looking color. Need to drop that scope about 1/8th of an inch though.
wink.gif

I just have one question.....

Where did you get the invisible stock?

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just have one question.....

Where did you get the invisible stock?

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I think the stock will be the killer part. It is a McRees' Precision MP-MODSS TMAG that is being dipped in ATACS. Should be a sharp combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking color. Need to drop that scope about 1/8th of an inch though.
wink.gif
</div></div>

That is about as close to the center of the bore as I can go and still utilize the UNS. Actually I think it is still going to be to low.

Ah, I see. I just prefer to have my scopes as low as possible, but saw you are getting close to your scope mount.

I am sure it will look great in the chassis.

Also curious about how you got that color. Would love to do the same.

Enjoy your vacation, they never seem to last long enough.

I talked to my buddy when I got back and it seems that he has enough time, money, and effort into this combo of colors that he is not going to release the foruma he used but instead he is going to sell it pre-mixed. He owns a large body shop in Avon, Indiana.

I don't know the rules about him posting prices and stuff on here, but if anyone is interested they can email me.

Here is the response I got from him:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Smallest quantity I would want to mix would be a 1/2 pint or 8 oz and enough for 0ne rifle plus some maybe 2.

8 oz $40.00
1 Pint (16oz) $75.00

Plus shipping

I think that is fair.

If someone would want some right now I would need a week lead time at least.</span>

Sir, would I still be able to order a premixed batch?

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Wow thats steep for Gunkote. It only cost $55 or so a quart no thanks Ill figure it out myself.