• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5R Stock question

biggame10683

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
DFW
So I have a Rem 5R in a AICS 2.0 stock. Thinking about selling the stock to use money for other things was just wanting to know....
1. Will the 5R in the reg stock shoot just as good out to 1k?
2. What are some drawbacks to not having the AICS?
Im using a PH scope with badger base and rings
Thanks

Re: 5R Stock question

My 5R still has the HS precision stock and I was hitting 12"x12" steel at 1050 yesterday with 8-10 MPH wind. 168gr Hornady national match bthp. NF 5.5-22x50 Seekins rings and base.

I would keep AICS 2.0 as well, it is a highly desirable stock and hard to beat. It's only disadvantage is weight, but this is an advantage with recoil management and precision shooting.

personal preference.

gotta love the folder and adjustable stuff. oh and the pistol grip.

IMO - buy a 5r stock out if you can find a decent deal on one. Then turn around and sell it. In the end it might cost you say $30 after shipping etc to do the comparison but $30 is pretty cheap for that kind of peice of mind.

My 5R has the original stock and it shoots just fine. I wjould definately keep the AICS 2.0 though. 300WSM is right, you should be able to find an original for a good price and then you can make an educated decision.

i think you should sell the 2.0 and go get the original oh and sell me the 2.0.... i swear im doing this for your own good.
lol no keep the 2.0 at the very least until you have shot the original but i cant imagine you not wanting to go back to the aics.

if you do decide to sell the stock though P.M me i have a project in mind.

Funny question, because I have a 5R in the original HS stock and I would like to get an AICS stock but I was afraid of losing accuracy. LOL
My best group, which is posted on my reloading room wall is a 5 shot group just under 1 1/4 inch at 300 yards, sitting in the HS stock.
SScott

sell that stock and order a McM A5 or Manners T4a, don't forget you still need bottom metal, Badger Surgeon CDI, it really doesn't matter which you choose but you need to decide on which one when you order the stock

My issue between the 2 was the angle of my hand with relation to the trigger. I have some wrist issues and the swell and angle of the HS Precision stock forced my hand to a position that made it uncomfortable for me to get a straight pull on the trigger (although the Jewell HVR helped that big time).