• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 6-24x72SAM

flims

Rifletalks.com
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2008
UK
www.rifletalks.com
Has anyone ever reviewed this optic? Its price is surely prohibitive but its qualities must have been reviewed somewhere. riflesonly maybe?

Re: 6-24x72SAM

We talked to Nathan Hunt, now VP of Carl Zeiss Optronics division for the U.S., at SHOT Show 2011 about the SAM. Check out around 1:50 of the video:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PhIWbB59Y0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

lol yall were brave to get that close to Nathan at shot, i didn't want to catch what he had. those same scopes are pretty neat, i've sold a few and never had an unsatisfied customer. they have a couple of configurations, right and left handed, with and without moa built into the base. i've only sold front focal models. i'll try to find the review i have on this thing

I have played with it, but never did a review as the cost was too prohibited to bother, but on more than one occasions Nathan brought it down and I played with it.

It was pretty cool, and if it wasn't so expensive I would probably have one, as I found it pretty high speed. But again, cost. The Ballistic computer is pretty strong in there, and it's ability to know things weather wise is pretty good.

The scope is solid, the computer solid, just really expensive.

Do I smell a group buy?... just joking. Although spendy, you are getting a top notch scope with what some people consider the best glass, an integrated weather station, on board ballistic software that calculates shooting solutions and a scope base. It would be hard to bite the bullet to spend 12K on a scope; however, I am willing to wager that if someone truly had the disposable income that they would not regret the purchase. As sophisticated as the scope is, I wonder how often they go down & need to be sent in for warranty work.

Anyone,

Are US knobes for this scope available?

I am overseas and am looking into one of these but I want the rotation direction of the knobes to match my other scopes....heard rumor that they will only be making them Euro style (apparently they did make the US style)...price is so too much to not get exactly what you want in my opinion...

Hopeing somebody here has the inside story on this.