• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 A-max info

JeffP40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Helena,Mt.
I see there are two lighter bullets, a 120 and a 123. Anyone used them both? I am curious as to the diff. I believe they have different ogives from the look of them. What say you? Any difference in flight, length problems, bearing surface?

Re: 6.5 A-max info

All I can say is that my Sabre barrel loved the factory 123amax. I didn't measure anything on them, just shoot them and they performed very well. I wouldn't think that there would be alot of different between the two if both were amax bullets, but I'm not a professional.

Re: 6.5 A-max info

The 123 is an updated version of the 120, both of them have shot extremely well in a couple of 260's for me.

The 123 has less drop and drift, the published BC is higher and shooting them back to back at 1000-1200yd a couple of different days showed that as well.

ETA: I am using a 0.495 actual G1 BC for the 123's in my 260.