• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Berger 140 hybrid target with H4350

lush_dawg

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Apr 7, 2019
    Brand new into reloading and have a bunch of brass prepped and ready to load...going to try the 10 shot ladder test but scouring the inter webs, I can’t seem to find the minimum and maximum load data for Berger 140 hybrid target H4350 using Lapua 6.5 brass...any help is appreciated!

Reactions: rudvnt

Reactions: lush_dawg
    I’ve been shooting exclusively Berger 140 hybrids for the last 4+ years and have went through about a half dozen barrels. All of my loads have been between 42.3-42.8 of H4350

most guys I know that shoot that combo find their nodes somewhere between 42-43. I would start around 41.5 and work up from there. My last barrel my load was 42.6 and this barrel it’s 42.7 and have been very consistent across multiple barrels.

edit**** I have been also shooting the new Lapua 6.5 brass since it came out

140 Berger Hybrid, 40.1 with 2.1610 CBTO out of 2 different 26", 1:8 barrels (Shilen Select and Bartlein) at a DA of 6300 - 6800 gets me right around 2770 fps. with Peterson brass. Granted it is not Lapua, but it kills me every time I hear someone running 42 - 43 grains.

Reactions: rudvnt and abn31c
    140 Berger Hybrid, 40.1 with 2.1610 CBTO out of 2 different 26", 1:8 barrels (Shilen Select and Bartlein) at a DA of 6300 - 6800 gets me right around 2770 fps. with Peterson brass. Granted it is not Lapua, but it kills me every time I hear someone running 42 - 43 grains.

what do you mean its not lapua?

Two 26” barrels, 41.1 on first, 41.5 on second to get 2775. Middle node with identical accuracy with Peterson brass.

I’ve been shooting exclusively Berger 140 hybrids for the last 4+ years and have went through about a half dozen barrels. All of my loads have been between 42.3-42.8 of H4350

most guys I know that shoot that combo find their nodes somewhere between 42-43. I would start around 41.5 and work up from there. My last barrel my load was 42.6 and this barrel it’s 42.7 and have been very consistent across multiple barrels.

edit**** I have been also shooting the new Lapua 6.5 brass since it came out
    Just curious..I know Lapua Brass is the best or at least 1st or 2nd anyway..What did you see you gained from Lapua Bras that you were not getting from the previous types you used. Ive been using ADG and was cuious as to how much you gained by going to Lapua.. Thanks.

Just curious..I know Lapua Brass is the best or at least 1st or 2nd anyway..What did you see you gained from Lapua Bras that you were not getting from the previous types you used. Ive been using ADG and was cuious as to how much you gained by going to Lapua.. Thanks.
    Longer case life. More consistent neck tension.

Longer case life. More consistent neck tension.
    Thanks..I thought that was it.But thought maybe some thing else I may have missed. I was using Peterson but swapped to ADG.. It weighed a bit more than the few Lapua I picked up at my local range. I appreciate your speedy answer..
    One other question..Are you using brass with the Small primer hole or Large Hole.??? Again...Thanks

Thanks..I thought that was it.But thought maybe some thing else I may have missed. I was using Peterson but swapped to ADG.. It weighed a bit more than the few Lapua I picked up at my local range. I appreciate your speedy answer..
    One other question..Are you using brass with the Small primer hole or Large Hole.??? Again...Thanks
    Small.

Anyone got a line on some Berger 140gr hybrid target bullets? I can’t find the damn things anywhere