• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 CM buffer/spring

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Doing a Craddock 6.5 CM with JP FMOS HP bolt/ adjustable gas block and need to order buffer/spring setup yet. Would the JP SCS 308 Heavy with spring kit be the best option for this? Will be shot both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Yes ... and buy the extra spring kit if you want to be able to tune further than the gas block allows. I have a LWRCI REPR MKII 6.5 Creedmoor Elite, and I shoot suppressed. I was still over-gassed even on the lowest gas adjustment. The JP SCS Heavy AR10 with the heaviest spring has me ejecting perfectly at 3:30-4:00. It's expensive stuff, but on a $4,000 rifle, it's worth not scrimping. BTW ... for this to work, I had to order a 3rd heavy weight. It comes with two Tungstens and a Steel. I needed all three weights in heavy Tungsten, and the heaviest spring. Recommend calling them and special-ordering yours with 3 Tungsten weights, and the spring kit. Heaviest buffer, and tune with the springs. Make sense?