• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 CM for mile - 123 Flatlines - load dev

newageroman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2018
www.brassbucket.net
I'm working up to 1760 yds. I've been shooting/reloading 6.5 for 5 years now, all on the RAP (poors yippie). I'm wondering which brass to use for the shot at a mile. I have a set of Starline 1X fired Lg primer and a set of NEW Starline Sm Primer on the way now. I would try others like pedersen or lapua if they were in stock.
If Sm Primer is better for high vel, should I fireform the brass with some other bullets first then load the flatlines? My normal brass process is: anneal with AMP, hot wash, dry, deprime, bump 2 thou, bushing neck size, then load. I have RL16, H4350, and Staball to use. Also have some 140 Barnes MBs I can use as well. I have the MOA to rainbow them in if needed.
thx!

LL has a video from a year or so back that he did on the solids out of an 18” creed. I will try to find the link and post it. If memory serves he was using 4166

I did a mile with 6.5 CM last summer. I used 147 gr ELDs, Starline SRP (guessing 4-5 firings never cleaned), and H4350. My velocity was around 2750 fps; st dev was 6.9 fps. Don't over think your load. Just get a good load/process, with a single digit sd and a good bc and go do it!
By the grace of God, I was on in 5 or 6 shots (18" wide silhouette target). The key, of course, is being able to spot your misses. The conditions were upper 80s and an average 13 mph , 90 degree wind. Good luck!

wow, thats legit, thx for sharing. My plinker/hunting loads are 143 ELDX @2550, but I only have a few of them left.
I just saw that Valdada released a chassis system-drool.
Just for fun my Ruger MKIV pistol upper came it yesterday. It is a full 16.5" long with pic rail over/under and a 4-12 BDC rifle scope on top. Will test it soon, my stock/boring 10/22 is up for sale officially now.

Last two times i shot with someone with a 6.5CM at a mile they were using factory ammo.
They did just fine.
Just get a decent load, the rest is up to you.

With little 6.5 bullets I’d be using 130-147 cup/core bulllets.
Solids can be harder to spot.
I can see a bit of difference even with my 338 spotting solids vs cup/core.

Reactions: newageroman
prepping for the 600 yd match this weekend with new dope cards! I usually laminate these.

Attachments

• Ivey_SIII_Dope_48x_v01A.jpg
    Ivey_SIII_Dope_48x_v01A.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 48